Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML tags show after upgrade to 1.3.9g

The tags are also showing in the Coupon Description (customer can see) of a newly created Discount Coupon. I am using CKEditor.

Default Re: 139g weird problem define pages editor

Quote Originally Posted by p1lot View Post
    Well,

I use a lot of HTML tags in my define pages as well as in my product descriptions.

And all < and >'s turn into &lt; or &gt;.

I fixed it already for the define pages, not for the product previews though.

Here the fix for "admin/define_pages_editor.php":
    I added line 77 -> http://pastie.org/1191676

I did change all lines and the problem was solved.. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem, followed Linda's instructions. Bingo all fixed. Thanks Linda!

Plugin Contributions

Linda, you're heaven sent. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I've been the whole morning trying to figure out how to sort it out this problem, until I saw your post. Thank you!!!

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

I did what you wrote and it worked II guess to a point. In the define pages editor and some ez pages that have html instead of an external or internal link it works

However in the product description pages I set the wording and it appears fine....click preview button and I see all the htm coding inserted within....yet the actual page is displaying normally on the store.

I have a couple of admns that will freak when they see the code like the product description and newsletter section. they will think that the customers will see this too.

Is there something to add to the code to stop the preview from not displaying what it will actually look like.

btw, I use CKEditor

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Linda,

I did what you wrote and it worked II guess to a point. In the define pages editor and some ez pages that have html instead of an external or internal link it works

However in the product description pages I set the wording and it appears fine....click preview button and I see all the htm coding inserted within....yet the actual page is displaying normally on the store.

I have a couple of admns that will freak when they see the code like the product description and newsletter section. they will think that the customers will see this too.

Is there something to add to the code to stop the preview from not displaying what it will actually look like.

btw, I use CKEditor
    answered in this post

Plugin Contributions

thanks clyde, I will tell all admins inall stores that they will see this and that it is not going to show up in the store as is seen.

It does look awful and maybe at one time that will be fixed....preview may not be as important as the actual page---if they put formatting in there it is great to actually see what it will look like, as it did before.

Plugin Contributions

This is only a problem in preview whilst in admin right? So as I don't use any html editors at all I can just skip this whitelist file entirely?

Also- security wise does it make a difference having a whitelist file? In other words does it open a site up to any higher risk of XSS attack?

If no is answer to second question, then I shall add it. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

This is only a problem in preview whilst in admin right? So as I don't use any html editors at all I can just skip this whitelist file entirely?
    No, you will still see code in the admin preview if you do not add the whitelist you will also see it on the frontend
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you can put up with the pain a tiny bit longer then you may be able to avoid whitelisting altogether with v1.3.9h. We're working on a more convenient option which may make life simpler for everyone.

In the meantime, if you aren't entering any HTML code or encoded text like &amp; via your admin, you won't need to whitelist anything further. If you *are* entering such content then whitelisting will be needed in the meantime.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast