I have searched the forum and can't find any discussion of what I am trying to do. My apologies if this has been covered before ... if it has, please point me to the relevant thread.

My products are picture frames. A frame is priced based on its total length, rounded up to the nearest foot. There are 4 attributes collected that define the width in inches, width fraction of an inch, height in inches, and height fraction of an inch. From those 4 values the total length can be calculated, and which is used to do a table lookup to get the price. For example, frames less than 5 feet are $30, less than 10 feet are $55, and so on. (Actually, there are 5 lookup tables since there are 5 levels of pricing for the different frame products).

I know this will require some custom programming and have spent many hours studying to determine the best way to implement this type of pricing. I don't see any straightforward way to do it. It looks like Zen is set up to do the pricing based on the product price (in the product table) and attribute pricing if any has been defined. The attribute pricing is done one attribute at a time and I don't see any way to easily calculate a price by looking at all the attributes together rather than individually.

Can anyone offer advice as to the best way to approach this that would fit best with how Zen does pricing?

Thanks ... Bowen