Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Per Unit or Per Item Shipping Help?

I have read all of the posts on how to assign shipping costs for each item or unit. But when I try to set it up so that my shipping weight is my shipping cost, it never comes out to the amount in my shipping weight. I'm sure that it is one or two things that I'm just not putting in correctly. I am code illiterate and just trying to get my site with the shopping cart up. So far I've figured out how to get products on, etc. Can someone do an actual step by step process for how to get my product weight to show up as the shipping cost? I need to know exactly what goes in each box. I tried to put, as an example, 2.99:2.99 "Shipping Cost per Unit" in the shipping module to show up as $2.99 shipping, but it is showing up as 0. UGH! I have tried for days to figure it out on my own. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Per Unit or Per Item Shipping Help?

What shipping module are you trying to configure?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I was going to use the "per unit" module because it said that was what I needed to use in order to put my own shipping cost for each item. That would probably be the best thing for me to do.
    Unless you have other suggestions? I sell custom made earrings and other jewelry, Christmas items and consignment stuff.
    One post said that Table Rate was the most used module. I really need something that is easy to set up. I just assume if I can put my own, it would be fail proof for me. Can you help me? I mean it when I say I am website illiterate. I need step-by-step instructions. Or to have someone log onto my site and help me with it. You can also email me at [email protected]. Thank you so much if you can help me!
    Janie

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    i used this
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=208
    but........ there's always a but isn't there

i can't figure out how to do multiple postage items
    its brill if you want to charge say 50p for each and every item
    but if you want to say charge 50p for the 1st item then 10p for every one after that it's no good

i'm still after a solution as yet but will keep you informed

but for basic postage its a good easy solution and even i managed to do it really easy lol and i've only been up and running 2 days

Plugin Contributions

I have a question regarding this, as well.

I'm going to be selling and shipping firearms as well as books and another accessories. I have USPS set up, which Ajeh was gracious enough to assist with, but I'm not exactly sure how to conduct the shipping for each product.

Now, I have a base of $50.00 for Handling set up in the USPS Module, which the merchant wants to use for all firearm sales to cover shipping and insurance, but obviously we're not wanting to have a $50.00 charge for a book that may only weigh 10 ounces.

Is this something I would need to set up for peritem or perunit? I'm also not the greatest with the ratios for this, so I may need some assistance there. I'm just not sure where I need to set this up.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

You could customize the shipping module to check how many products in the cart are firearms based on something like the master_categories_id in the products table ...

Then, based on the count you can adjust the Handling Fee ...

Are all of your firearms in Categories where the master_categories_id would be able to be used to identify these Products?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You're speaking greek to me, here. lol. are these tables I would look up in the php files, or in the module section of admin?

Plugin Contributions

The Product information is stored in your database tables:
    products
    products_description

The master_categories_id is in the table:
    products

You can test the contents of the Shopping Cart to see how many Products are in specific Categories based on the master_categories_id to determine what to do on Handling Charge, instead of using the built in Handling Charge ...

Is the Handling charge based on 1 $50.00 handling charge IF there is 1 or more firearms?

Or, is the Handling charge based on how many Products are in the shopping cart and charging $50.00 per item for the Handling charge?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The Product information is stored in your database tables:
    products
    products_description

The master_categories_id is in the table:
    products

You can test the contents of the Shopping Cart to see how many Products are in specific Categories based on the master_categories_id to determine what to do on Handling Charge, instead of using the built in Handling Charge ...

Is the Handling charge based on 1 $50.00 handling charge IF there is 1 or more firearms?

Or, is the Handling charge based on how many Products are in the shopping cart and charging $50.00 per item for the Handling charge?
    I'm not sure? I just have handling set as 50.00 on the USPS Module.

Now, I do know that when I go to look at the shopping cart there's always a number in parenthesis that says "(1 x "")" and in those quotes are the weight of the product...

Plugin Contributions

I go to your site and buy a Rifle and a Gun ...

Do you want to charge me $50.00 for this order for the Handling Fee or do you want to charge me $100.00 for the Handling Fee?

NOTE: you can edit the USPS shipping module and turn off the quantity and weight of boxes:
    USPS Options
    Select from the following the USPS options.

Display weight
    Display transit time
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast