Thread: Rss feed

Plugin Contributions

Default Rss feed

Is there a way to set up an RSS or other feed that will shoot new product updates or added products from my website to my Twitter & Facebook Pages, along with customers who have subscribed to receive such updates.

Thank you for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rss feed

Hello there,
    I use this trick on loads of sites that I have done!

Install RSS Feed Mod (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=733) - This will produce an RSS of New Products (Customised in Admin -> Configuration -> RSS Feed)
    Signup to Twitterfeed (http://twitterfeed.com/) - You then add your RSS Feed URL to you account and authorise your Twitter Account (and Facebook account*) to post

*I haven't ever used twitterfeed for Facebook as they didn't use to offer it. I added "RSS Graphiti" App on Facebook and configured that directly with the RSS URL.

Regards,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattclements View Post
    Hello there,
    I use this trick on loads of sites that I have done!

Install RSS Feed Mod (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=733) - This will produce an RSS of New Products (Customised in Admin -> Configuration -> RSS Feed)
    Signup to Twitterfeed (http://twitterfeed.com/) - You then add your RSS Feed URL to you account and authorise your Twitter Account (and Facebook account*) to post

*I haven't ever used twitterfeed for Facebook as they didn't use to offer it. I added "RSS Graphiti" App on Facebook and configured that directly with the RSS URL.

Regards,
    Matt
    I found that plugin, and thought that is what I needed to use. However, do you happen to have clear install instructions. I opened the readme file, but the format is very messy and not easy to read.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the RSS Mod, and set up my feed, but am I only limited to one feed at a time? I set up to have my site feed the new_product through twitterfeed, however, when I add new products to the site, they do not show up in the RSS feed.

Did I configure something incorrectly? My Live time is 1440 mins which is 24 hours. I am stuck and want some help because my feed is not pulling anything out of it since the products are stagnant and not updating.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone? I still haven't figured this out....

Plugin Contributions

I still need help with this, my RSS Feed is not updating with new products. Or it is just not putting the newly added products at the top of the feed,

Thus my RSS Feed is not working properly... HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Did you sort this out?

Plugin Contributions

I think I may have but I am still working on it. I will let you know what I find out. Did you need help?