Plugin Contributions

Default Admin menu view changed in Fire fox after inatalling 1.3.9g

I first upgraded from 1.3.9.f to 1.3.9g and noticed that my admin area was not loading correctly and my template view for my web site changed. I thought maybe I did the upgrade incorrectly. So I installed a fresh new version of 1.3.9g. The admin area looks fine in Internet Explorer and so does my website template, but when I open my admin in fire fox the menu is not in a straight line. The extras category is sitting underneath the configurations category. The admin images are bigger than usual and my website template is bigger than it was before. I only have this problem when opening up the admin and my website in Firefox. My question is could I be missing some files still even with the new fresh install of 1.3.9g. Or is their some code I should put in one of my files for everything to look correctly in Firefox. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Faith10

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin menu view changed in Fire fox after installing 1.3.9g

should I re-install the version 1.3.9.g over again?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin menu view changed in Fire fox after installing 1.3.9g

The problem is something wrong on your end. The symptoms you describe are not typical.
    Maybe you've got missing files, or maybe you're getting PHP errors due to damaged files, etc. Details might be visible in the myDebug-admxxxxxxx.log files (ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 )

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin menu view changed in Fire fox after installing 1.3.9g

Thank you DrByte, I will check my Debug-admin log files.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin menu view changed in Fire fox after inatalling 1.3.9g

OK, I checked the error log files and no errors are listed. It's just so strange because this only happened after I upgraded. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would really hate to have to re-install the zen version again for the 3rd time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a problem with going from 1.3.9f to 1.3.9g with admin area also.
    When I look under categories all the icons are missing and instead words. All the image icons for delete, add, etc are missing.

I re-loaded backup files and still does not work.
    Did you figure out why?

Thanks, Kim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Kim,
    Nothing changed regarding those images between "f" and "g".

Try this:
    On an image that's not showing properly, right-click and choose "Open Image in New Window" (or tab).
    What does it show in that new window/tab? Is there an error message?
    Is the URL pointing to a real image? Check whether that image file actually exists on your server. If not, then you likely deleted it somehow.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Kim,
    Nothing changed regarding those images between "f" and "g".

Try this:
    On an image that's not showing properly, right-click and choose "Open Image in New Window" (or tab).
    What does it show in that new window/tab? Is there an error message?
    Is the URL pointing to a real image? Check whether that image file actually exists on your server. If not, then you likely deleted it somehow.
    Thank you so much Dr. Byte.
    I went back through all steps. I remembered that I double checked the Zen-cart security to make sure I did the change admin name, etc. But I also changed permission settings on the admin/images folder. Once, I went back and changed to 755, did refresh - everything is fine!