Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do download products work?

I'm trying to add a downloadable product and I'm testing it out.

How exactly does it work?

The customer selects the type of download they want, then what is supposed to happen? Auto download? Popup window? Add to cart? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do download products work?

The download is added to the Attribute ...

When the order is completed the customer can then download the file, if the Order Status for their Payment method is set to allow for an immediate download ...

If not, then the Store Owner has to change the Order Status to confirm the download can be made ...

Order Status, by default, for a download to be immediately available would be:
    Processing (orders_status 2)
    Delivered (orders_status 3)
    Updated (orders_status 4)

The Order Status can be set on each Payment Module ...

This allows for things like Check/Money Order to be Order Status Pending (orders_status 1) which means the customer has to wait for approval ...

PayPal, by default is Order Status Processing, which would make the download immediately available either on the Checkout Success page or in the Account History Info ...

To create Attributes, you would want to search the Tutorials/FAQ on:
    Option Name
    Option Value
    Attribute
    Download

to see how these work ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I don't understand....

I have used the Free Zen Cart cart thingy cause it's a free download. I have changed the default to "Processing" for this type of payment.

I have submitted the order, I don't know where I go to download the file though.

Plugin Contributions

Hello...I need help with this.

Can someone walk me through all the steps to create a free downloadable product?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I figured it out! Yay!

Plugin Contributions

What was the solution that you discovered worked for you?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It was really dumb and I don't want to say....

Haha, nah, just kidding. In my attributes control for my product I did not have the file added.

Plugin Contributions

Don't feel alone ... a lot of folks wear that T-Shirt ...
    Linda McGrath

Hi,

Sorry to add on to this older thread, but I have the same question. This answer clears it up somewhat but I'm still a little confused. I have searched through the forums and wiki but I haven't quite figured out the right answer.

I am using the most current version of ZenCart.

I have my cart set up to sell downloadable products. I've got a couple of my products all set up correctly and don't have a problem on that end.

I'm using PayPal Express and have that all set up. I've made a test purchase. My site is live and it was a real purchase using a second PayPal account. Everything worked fine.

My question is this: I noticed that the setting on the order status after making the purchase is "processing" and I was still able to immediately able to download the products. Is this correct? What would happen if a customer would pay with eCheck? What would the order status say and would they still be able to immediately be able to download?

My goal is to have the cart completely automated, so I do not have to manually change statuses. But also, I don't want customers to be able to download products until payments have cleared through PayPal. I do not generally get many eChecks as payments, but they have come through occasionally in the past (not on ZenCart but my other shopping cart that I'm transferring from).

What should I have for settings in the Attribute Settings-->Download Controller Order Status Value? or is that not the area that concerns this?

Thank you for your help!
    Emily

Plugin Contributions

Downloads are released based on Order Status orders_status on the Order ...

The Order Statuses by default are:
    Pending orders_status 1
    Processing orders_status 2
    Delivered orders_status 3
    Updated orders_status 4

Orders that are set to orders_status >= 2 and <= 4 are immediately available ...

The Order Status is controlled in each Payment Module ... if you set Check/Money Order moneyorder to Pending, then the Download will not be available until you change the Order Status on the Order *after* you have confirmed that you have received the payment and that the check has actually cleared ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast