Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do download products work?

Wow Ajeh! That was an amazingly fast reply! Thank you!

I think it's starting to get a little clearer. I now understand about the different payment modules and the different statuses, but I do have secondary question then.

With PayPal when a customer opts to pay not with their credit card or their PayPal balance, but instead have it come from their bank account, it's called an "eCheck". I thought this was all handled through the PayPal module still. Maybe I'm confused?

Does that mean I have to install/enable the Check/Money Order Module? I do not want to allow people to mail me checks or money orders. I've tried that in the past and that's just a pain. Do I need the Check/Money Order Module to be able to take eChecks through PayPal? And can I make it so I only accept eChecks and not paper checks/money orders?

Thank again!
    Emily

Plugin Contributions

eChecks are done via PayPal ... remember there is a few days delay on these ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Thank you Ajeh, you've been very helpful!

I think this is my last question....

I'm just (hopefully) confirming that I don't need to change anything? Do eChecks come back from PayPal with a status of 1-pending? Which means customers couldn't download because the Attribute Settings-->Download Controller is set to 2? Once the eCheck clears (after the several days delay) will ZenCart automatically change the setting to 2?

Sorry if I'm belaboring this point. My other cart did it all automatically but I never saw statuses and such. I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Thanks again!
    Emily

Plugin Contributions

I do believe that echecks come back as Pending ... have you tested this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I just now tried to test it. I had wanted to make sure it was set up properly before I tested it out.

The only thing I forgot about was that even though I changed my payment source in PayPal to eCheck, I have a PayPal balance and it will always use that first. So the payment went through immediately.

I either have to transfer my balance out to my other account to test this out, or just trust that this will work. I think PayPal must send something that says "pending" with eChecks because my other cart worked that way. I get so few eChecks that I'll just deal with it if I get one. And on the off chance that I get one, AND they are able to download the product before the payment clears....well we're talking about knitting patterns that I sell for $1.79. It's not going to break the bank until I fix it up.

Thanks for all your help!
    Emily

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

echeck orders start as Pending, and will be auto-upgraded to Processing when the echeck clears and PayPal completes the payment.

Ajeh has given you instructions on how to change things so that orders in "Pending" status (ie: without completed payments) can still be downloaded (even if they're never paid for).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12