Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    you can see from my site that there is no products' quantity dispaly in the left side "category box" although I've turned "Show Category Counts" into "true"...May I know what's the matter? And how to fix it? Thanks very much!

    my site www.letovn.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Quote Originally Posted by wokaozabuxing View Post
    you can see from my site that there is no products' quantity dispaly in the left side "category box" although I've turned "Show Category Counts" into "true"...May I know what's the matter? And how to fix it? Thanks very much!

    my site www.letovn.com
    Hi ,
    We do changed the defalult category sidebox, and disabled the product count.
    Blingthemes
    Blingthemes Beauty your zencart Store.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Quote Originally Posted by blingthemes View Post
    Hi ,
    We do changed the defalult category sidebox, and disabled the product count.
    but can you let me know how to change it back? I do need the product count. Thank you very much!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    21,831
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    If you are developing a Zen Cart template and want a stock admin-editable feature disabled, it is always best to use a SQL patch if feasible and leave the admin switch functional.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    If you are developing a Zen Cart template and want a stock admin-editable feature disabled, it is always best to use a SQL patch if feasible and leave the admin switch functional.
    sorry but what do you mean? Pls just let me what I can do if I want my site to show the product counts in the category box. Tks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan USA
    Posts
    19,287
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Glenn was addressing the template designer.

    I can say that the first thing I do when creating a Zencart site is turn that 'feature' off.

    You would have to find the file the template designer modified to remove the counts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Glenn was addressing the template designer.

    I can say that the first thing I do when creating a Zencart site is turn that 'feature' off.

    You would have to find the file the template designer modified to remove the counts.
    Tks! Stevesh.

    But it seems difficult for me to find the file the template designer modified to remove the counts. Can you suggest me which file it might be and where it is? Thank you very much for your help! Stevesh.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan USA
    Posts
    19,287
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    It's really hard to say. Look through the files provided with the template and look for one with 'categories' in the file name.

    You might also contact the template designers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It's really hard to say. Look through the files provided with the template and look for one with 'categories' in the file name.

    You might also contact the template designers.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your great help now and before.

    Have a nice day!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    21,831
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: estorenow template: Category Counts Not Show

    The file would probably be /includes/templates/your_template/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php.
    Compare it to /includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php to find the differences.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Premium template EstoreNow support thread
    By blingthemes in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18 Sep 2010, 05:18 PM
  2. Show Category Counts
    By vincemaverick in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17 Sep 2008, 11:28 AM
  3. CSS Flyout Category Menu Show Counts
    By lloyd_borrett in forum Addon Sideboxes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2 Feb 2008, 05:12 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3 Jul 2007, 04:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •