Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate Orders....Kind Of...

I'll explain best I can.

This only seems to be happening with PayPal Pro and Credit Card payments. (recently installed)

First order comes through without issue. Everything looks very normal.

Second order come through without customer name, address, ect
    Payment Method listed as Gift certificate/Coupon. (No Money charged or recieved.) Ip Address 66.211.170.66 (Which I belive belongs to PayPal)

Both order #"s share the same transaction ID.

Only the first order shows up on the PayPal side.

1st order shows Payment Type: Credit Card (WPP) Timestamp:2010-10-17T14:02:30Z

2nd order shows PayPal Status: Pending address @ 07:02:29 Oct 17, 2010 PDT

I'm running 1.3.9.g (Upgraded from a fresh install of 1.3.9f with a 1.3.8.a upgraded database)
    PayPal Express is installed (and used without issue)

The only mods are the Lite Blue template from 12 Leaves and fual slimbox.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
    Dalton
    Skin that 'un pilgrim, and I'll bring ya' another.
    Running 1.3.9h with a few mods here

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate Orders....Kind Of...

"Pending address" is a status that shows up in regular PayPal transactions where you as the merchant have configured your PayPal Payment Receiving Preferences to require that you accept certain customer addresses before accepting payment for an order.

It seems very odd that you'd be getting such a message on a Website Payments Pro transaction, since that message is only applicable to Website Payments Standard or Express Checkout transactions.

I've no idea why that message would be sent to you, but if it's a Zen Cart issue, then it'll be because you've got one or more files that you didn't upgrade properly since a prior version ... maybe the ipn_main_handler.php file? and maybe others? ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

I can't help troubleshoot anything until you've confirmed for certain that ALL your files on your server are truly current, and then capture debug details into files and then zip them and send them to me for review (via a PM with a link to where I can download the zip). See: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for providing a plan to troubleshoot my issue. I'll try not to clutter up your in-box unless I have to.

I'll post with additional details or the fix when I have it.

Thanks

Dalton

Plugin Contributions

I've no idea why that message would be sent to you, but if it's a Zen Cart issue, then it'll be because you've got one or more files that you didn't upgrade properly since a prior version ... maybe the ipn_main_handler.php file? and maybe others
    Win-Merge shows my installed version of ipn_main_handler.php as being identical to the 1.3.9.g dist version.

I can't help troubleshoot anything until you've confirmed for certain that ALL your files on your server are truly current,
    Near as I can tell, they are. ( Indeed, I may not be able to be trusted here)

I have found one change I made but forgot to mention in my original post.

Changed line 88 of paypalwpp.php from :define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_MARK_BUTTON_TXT', 'Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay.');

To:define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_MARK_BUTTON_TXT', 'Click here to pay via your PayPal Account');

Can't imagine this is the cause, but is the only difference I can find so far.

Thanks

Dalton

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like logs are required then.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the long delay, but I now have things working at an acceptable level due to making the following changes.

Changed fraud management filters on PayPal side.

Changed from "final sale" to "auth only" on Zen side in both WPP and Express.

Changed to false "allow free shipping" in modules/order total/shipping/ot_shipping. I am using "free shipping options", and I think there was a conflict here.

The only side effect is I no longer get "notice of payment received" e-mails from PayPal. Maybe due to having to "capture" the sale?

Anyway, I have some logs ( I had de-bug set to alerts only prior) if you would still like to see them.

Many thanks for your help and attention with my issue.

Best Regards

Dalton