Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Website Payments Pro Help

Hi all,

I want to enable website payments pro on my site.

Can someone give me a step by step guide on what need to do to make it happen? for example do I need https on my site? I currently have a paypal account, do I just upgrade that account then all pro payments go to this account?

Appolies if this has already been covered but I have not found an idiots guide to this and i've no experience with payment modules other than the paypal standard so could really do with a step by step to including things I should consider/know about.

Many thanks in advance.

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payments Pro Help

Since you have to apply (and pay) for a Website Payments Pro account, Paypal would probably be the best place to ask about this. Installing the Zencart module is just a matter of activating it in admin and entering your configuration stuff.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=28

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Since you have to apply (and pay) for a Website Payments Pro account, Paypal would probably be the best place to ask about this. Installing the Zencart module is just a matter of activating it in admin and entering your configuration stuff.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=28
    OK thanks I shall, do you know if I need to have https enabled?

Also I have not seen an example of what the module looks like, am I right in thinking that the customers do not leave the website when using payments pro?

Does anyone run payments pro on a site I can have a look at?

cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    OK thanks I shall, do you know if I need to have https enabled?

Also I have not seen an example of what the module looks like, am I right in thinking that the customers do not leave the website when using payments pro?

Does anyone run payments pro on a site I can have a look at?

cheers
    1. You MUST have SSL enabled on your site. If you are asking this question, that means that you dont have SSL yet.
    Apply for an SSL from your hosting company first. It will probably take a couple of days for you to get SSL certificate.

2. After you get SSL, you can activate it. ( search for "activate SSL" in the forums"

3. Re: activating paypal payments pro.
    Its very easy. everything is already there for you in zen cart. just a matter of few clicks.
    admin>modules>payments>payments pro>install. fill in the blanks and you are set.

4. yes, customers stay on your website when using payments pro.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by samar777 View Post
    1. You MUST have SSL enabled on your site. If you are asking this question, that means that you dont have SSL yet.
    Apply for an SSL from your hosting company first. It will probably take a couple of days for you to get SSL certificate.

2. After you get SSL, you can activate it. ( search for "activate SSL" in the forums"

3. Re: activating paypal payments pro.
    Its very easy. everything is already there for you in zen cart. just a matter of few clicks.
    admin>modules>payments>payments pro>install. fill in the blanks and you are set.

4. yes, customers stay on your website when using payments pro.

Perfect answer thankyou. I shall sort out SSL & apply for Pro, then activate SSL then install the Mod.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know of any sites that use it so I can see for an example?

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can see how it will look on your own site by simply enabling the module and then beginning checkout. You'll see the Credit Card fields on your checkout_payment page. That's the *only* difference you'll notice.
    You can then click "Remove" after you've looked at it, so customers won't use it by mistake until you've configured it with the details you'll get from PayPal after your application is approved.

NOTE: If you don't already have Express Checkout turned on, you'll need to do that first, since it's a requirement by PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can see how it will look on your own site by simply enabling the module and then beginning checkout. You'll see the Credit Card fields on your checkout_payment page. That's the *only* difference you'll notice.
    You can then click "Remove" after you've looked at it, so customers won't use it by mistake until you've configured it with the details you'll get from PayPal after your application is approved.

NOTE: If you don't already have Express Checkout turned on, you'll need to do that first, since it's a requirement by PayPal.
    fantastic cheers.

how does express work? what I mean is how does it function differently to standard?

does the customer still leave the site etc?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    fantastic cheers.

how does express work? what I mean is how does it function differently to standard?

does the customer still leave the site etc?
    Basically the same, just more reliable.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

@DrByte

I have now got Paymants Pro installed and working . Though I was unsure how to obtain 3D secure info so have had to set merchant location the USA to make it work?

Where can I get these details? Do I need them? is it a mandated requirement for UK?

Also how do i know what cards can be used though paypal pro? Do i have to enable them under admin / credit cards? at the moment I only have mastercard and visa ticked. is it as simple as ticking what ever card i want to accept or am i limited by the paypal service?

Any guidance on thee two topics would be apprciated.

Thanks

Phil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since the majority of cards in the UK are Maestro/Switch/Solo or some other mastercard variant, you do need 3D Secure. Your PayPal account rep can give you the appropriate instructions and contact details for setting up what you need so that you get the proper fee structure for your relationship with PayPal.

Yes, you need to enable whatever card types you want the store to accept, provided that your gateway (in this case PayPal) has authorized you to accept those kinds of cards. If your gateway doesn't accept "Discover" cards, for example, you would want to turn that off in your store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast