Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payments Pro Help

Sorry, understand everything apart from the bit about fee structure?

Are you saying there is hidden costs with paypal pro then?

Phil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you sign up for services with Cardinal yourself, you'll have to pay for using the service. If you sign up following instructions from your PayPal representative, I believe PayPal takes care of the fees. They can clarify that for you.
    So, same advice: contact PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok one more question.

should there not be a drop down menu where you select the card type?

at the moment I just have one radial button saying credit card ???

also on solo dont you need a valid from and issue number? I dont have these options with solo enabled???

Phil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you put it into UK mode, you will have those options show up automatically.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ohhh ok. I just had email from cardinal thingy so need to fond out what I need to do with them and I'll try it.

Thanks for the prompt replys DrByte

Phil

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

sorry, I have another question. When I get to payment page and there is pro and paypal as options. they are selected by radio buttons.

for some reason at the moment the radio button isnt defaulting to one or the other, none are selected? Can this cause problems if people dont see the radio button to select? Is there something i can do to force it to pre-select one of them?

Cheers
    Phil

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure why you'd want to force your customer into a method they haven't selected.

There is a "PayPal" option, which people can use if they want to pay using their PayPal funds. People who have a PayPal account will be familiar with that option, and will click on it to select it if they wish to use that method.

The "Pro" option just looks like credit card input fields, and as soon as you click in one of the text boxes to start typing something such as a card number, it will auto-check that radio button if not already checked.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd want to force your customer into a method they haven't selected.

There is a "PayPal" option, which people can use if they want to pay using their PayPal funds. People who have a PayPal account will be familiar with that option, and will click on it to select it if they wish to use that method.

The "Pro" option just looks like credit card input fields, and as soon as you click in one of the text boxes to start typing something such as a card number, it will auto-check that radio button if not already checked.
    Maybe I wasnt clear, its not that i want to force people, I am saying that initially no radio buttons are selected. so if the user doesnt see a radio button to select and they fill all their details out then click continue, surely it wouldnt work..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    Maybe I wasnt clear, its not that i want to force people, I am saying that initially no radio buttons are selected. so if the user doesnt see a radio button to select and they fill all their details out then click continue, surely it wouldnt work..
    ignore me - just realised the credit card radio button selects as soon as you start filling in the card details..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I thought I already told you that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12