Plugin Contributions

bug Login loop problems!

Here is what's happening with my site (and apperently a LOT of others):

When I go to my site, and click around, I might click on a link to one of my EZ pages or a category (any link other than login), and the login page comes up!
    I try to go to a different page (again any link other than login) and it just stays on the login page.
    I put something in my cart so I can test it, go to checkout, and the cart is GONE! and the login loop goes again.
    I go to the login page (nothing in my cart), login fine. Then when I click around, I am logged out and the login loop starts all over.
    The only way I have found to stop the login loop once it starts is to go up to the browser bar and delete the "login" from the url and hit enter. Not very ideal.

First of all, the login page should only be coming up in two cases:
    1.) When the login link is clicked.
    2.) When a customer goes to checkout with something (in this case it should have the COWOA stuff on the login page as it is installed, but it doesn't when the login loop starts going).

This problem was not caused by installing the COWOA mod, as it was happening before I installed it and that is WHY I installed it.
    It was not happening before I upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9*.
    I currently have 1.3.9g (why so many different ones for this version set? Oh well.), am hosted on GoDaddy with an SSL, and use IE8.
    The hosting doesn't matter according to what I have been reading through the forums. Same with whether or not there is SSL. Nor does it matter what browser a person is using. (I have read that people are having problems with dreamhost, yahoo, and other hosts; both with and without SSL; FireFox, IE, Chrome, Opera and other browsers.) It also doesn't matter if the cache is cleared in the browser, and there are no debug files related to this issue in the cache folder on my server.

It doesn't seem to be just a problem with settings in "admin > configuration > sessions" as people have reported trying several different settings, all with the same result.

This problem needs to be fixed SOON, as I think it will make people not want to shop on the sites that are having the problem. (eg. "If they're having problems with their login page, what other problems do they have?")

What changes were made to the upgraded login files that would cause this? Or any other files for that matter?
    I use WinMerge for all of my upgrades now (easier and safer than going into each of the individual files and changing them manually), but I don't think there have been any issues with that, and I pay really close attention to the files as I work on them.

Would the programmers please figure out what is causing this, as the programming is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the problem.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Login loop problems!

Check the similar threads listed at the bottom of this post
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have already looked at those threads, and many others relating to this problem. It has not been fixed.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flipperry View Post
    .........What changes were made to the upgraded login files that would cause this? Or any other files for that matter?
    I use WinMerge for all of my upgrades now (easier and safer than going into each of the individual files and changing them manually), but I don't think there have been any issues with that, and I pay really close attention to the files as I work on them.

Would the programmers please figure out what is causing this, as the programming is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the problem.
    I have done a number of upgrades in the past months, all without resulting in a loop, be it shop-side or admin-side.

I am guessing that you have a corrupted file on your server, likely a header.php file

You may want to download a copy of your file set and save it to a temp folder. Then compare this copy against a ZC install file set (corresponding to the version you are running).

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Login loop problems!

I am guessing that you have a corrupted file on your server, likely a header.php file

You may want to download a copy of your file set and save it to a temp folder. Then compare this copy against a ZC install file set (corresponding to the version you are running).
    Ok, I tried this. Still not working properly. I compared ALL of my files with the corresponding files in the ZenCart V 1.3.9g download. Then I checked to see if it was still messing up, and it is.

I also checked the files with a PHP editor that checks to make sure that there are all of the "code marks", as in pairs when there needs to be, and there wasn't a problem there either.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Login loop problems!

The only thing that I have noticed that I haven't put in the above posts is that when the login loop starts going, and I look in my Who's Online, there are SEVERAL of the SAME session but with different IP addresses on every one of them...

How can the program be changing the IP address in the who's online when the IP address does not actually change on the computer?

Example (obviously this example is not copied from my page, as I didn't want to put all that info out there, just for illustration purposes):

Session: 123abc
    IP: 1.1.1.1

IP: 1.1.1.2

IP: 1.1.1.3

IP: 1.1.1.4

etc.

PLEASE, if someone could help out with this, I would appreciate it, and I'm sure many other people would, too. I do not feel like deleting the entire site and starting from scratch... I'm sure you all know how much work goes into that.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents