Plugin Contributions

Default Selling a digital offer/link to an external web site

Hello Everyone;

I want to use Zencart for sell digital media. However, what I would like to do is provide the customer with a link AFTER checkout and payment (of course) to an external link. (eBooks)

So, I want to use Zencart for my storefront, but another site for the actual media that I am selling.

I am kind of new to Zencart, would not mind diving into the undercarriage of it, but I am just not certain as to where to start with this. I am sure one of you folks have seen it before.

If I am not clear enough, let me know. I can provide more details if need be.

I am using v1.3.8 [2010-10-21 10:33:50] (Fresh Installation)
    No custom stuff (yet)
    No add-ons (yet)
    Want to stay away from all the bells and whistles until I get the basics squared away.

Thanks

Glen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Selling a digital offer/link to an external web site

It's not clear (to me, anyway ) exactly what you have in mind.

Once I check out and pay on your site, you're going to send me to another site to collect my ebooks ? How will the other site know that I've paid, and why wouldn't I just go right to them for my books in the first place (or the second place, once I know where they are) ?

Plugin Contributions

Okay;

Sometimes I cannot put down what I am thinking.

1. Go through the checkout process
    2. Click on the checkout
    3. Get a confirmation (Paypal, etc)
    4. Direct back or...
    5. Get link in email

The link will be 'static' in nature. It is created from ACS (Adobe Content Server).

So, displaying or emailing a link AFTER checkout - just not sure where to even look for that / how to get started.

How could I incorporate that into the 'product' - in other words, the link is only visible after checkout.

Toss me a net or fishing rod, and I will hunt for the answer. Otherwise, being spoon-fed teaches me nothing.

Glen

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart already does all that automatically ... except that it only serves files hosted on the same server.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Selling a digital offer/link to an external web site

Okay - let me have a look at your article/posting that you sent. At first glance, it may be just what I am looking for .

Thanks to you again!

Glen