Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

application error Forgot Password Page error after upgrading to 1.3.9g plus one more error

Hello guys,

I upgraded my zen cart store from v1.3.7.1 to v1.3.9g yesterday. Almost everything works fine expect for the following:

1)
    On forgot password page when the email address is entered and "Submit" is clicked, it displays a "Page not found" error. The password is automatically sent to the email address (this works), but the website shows the error page instead of password successfully sent page. ALSO, when submit it clicked 2 (two) emails of new password are sent instead of one (and both contain different passwords).

http://www.starruby.in/store/password_forgotten

2)
    In the search bar, for keywords which have no results to display, it shows an page not found error. For example if you enter "laptop", it will show no results on my site but instead of "No results found" page, it shows page not found. For correct keywords like "star ruby" or "ruby" results are displayed properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Harshil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Forgot Password Page error after upgrading to 1.3.9g plus one more error

With #1 you need to clear your Browser cookies / cache to make sure nothing is remaining from previously. Or even easier, close your Browser then restart it.

For #2 you seem to have done something as Text goes from left to right instead of right to left. Delete the default Text in the Search box to see what I mean. You should also check you Hosting account error logs for any helpful msgs and your 'public_html/cache' dir. may have some error msgs. as well.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Forgot Password Page error after upgrading to 1.3.9g plus one more error

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    With #1 you need to clear your Browser cookies / cache to make sure nothing is remaining from previously. Or even easier, close your Browser then restart it.

For #2 you seem to have done something as Text goes from left to right instead of right to left. Delete the default Text in the Search box to see what I mean. You should also check you Hosting account error logs for any helpful msgs and your 'public_html/cache' dir. may have some error msgs. as well.
    Hello Rob,

Thanks for the prompt feedback. I already tried clearing browser cookies / cache and also tested on different browsers but the error remains.

Also, about the search box, I see what you mean about the text going from left to right, but it was this way even before the upgrade and it used to work fine. I also looked in my cpanel error logs but for this particular error there is no log.

Is there anything else you suggest I do? Which are the core files that affect forgot password page?
    Regards,
    Harshil

Plugin Contributions

Just want to add that not only the Forgot Password page, but the Change Account Information is also resulting in the same error - it takes to a page not found.

Also, when "Change Password" option is used, the password DOES get changed but the message is shown saying "Your Current Password did not match the password in our records. Please try again."

I hope someone can suggest what might be wrong

Regards,
    Harshil

Plugin Contributions

I guess you are testing things because earlier today, when I made my first post, your login page and password forgotten page were working just fine for me. Which is why I suggested closing / opening your Browser.

You have a lot of HTML errors on your page(s) and suggest you clear those up, to remove any possibility of them causing problems.

This for example, needs to be corrected.

<!– The line below starts the conditional comment –>
    <!–[if IE]>
    <style type="text/css">
    body {behavior: url(csshover.htc);}
    </style>
    <![endif]> <!– This ends the conditional comment –>

HTML comment code "must" include two dashes.

<!-- something -->

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    I guess you are testing things because earlier today, when I made my first post, your login page and password forgotten page were working just fine for me. Which is why I suggested closing / opening your Browser.

You have a lot of HTML errors on your page(s) and suggest you clear those up, to remove any possibility of them causing problems.

This for example, needs to be corrected.

<!– The line below starts the conditional comment –>
    <!–[if IE]>
    <style type="text/css">
    body {behavior: url(csshover.htc);}
    </style>
    <![endif]> <!– This ends the conditional comment –>

HTML comment code "must" include two dashes.

<!-- something -->
    Hello Rob,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Just wanted to let you know that the error had to do with Simple Seo URL module and the new version of SSU fixed that. I also fixed the html errors.

Again, thanks for your time.

Regards,
    Harshil