Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9g -> 1.3.9h upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Try deleting all the files in the admin directory and reloading a new set from the 1.3.9h distribution
    I'll do that as a last resort if I have to, but I wonder if whoever carried out the mods to:

/admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php

might be able to give me a clue as to what has changed between versions g and h (I could do a file compare but, to be honest, my PHP knowledge is very limited so if anyone can point me in the right direction I could try a few individual file replacements first).

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

so if anyone can point me in the right direction I could try a few individual file replacements first
    replacing/crossing version files is playing with dynamite

As many have posted they are not seeing what you are
    So a full reload of the admin side is a better solution
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    I'll do that as a last resort if I have to, but I wonder if whoever carried out the mods to:

/admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php

might be able to give me a clue as to what has changed between versions g and h (I could do a file compare but, to be honest, my PHP knowledge is very limited so if anyone can point me in the right direction I could try a few individual file replacements first).

Regards

Nick
    Lines 299, 412, 433 were changed.
    Granted, those line numbers refer to an UNMODIFIED version of the file.
    Quickly comparing those files in WinMerge will show you what has changed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

replacing/crossing version files is playing with dynamite
    Perhaps I'm not explaining very well.

As of this morning, I had a fully patched up-to-date version of 1.3.9g.

I then replaced all of the files listed in the changelog so I had a fully patched up-to-date version of 1.3.9h. At that stage I experienced the problems described.

As an experiment, I rolled back one single file to the 1.3.9g version and this partially resolved the problem, providing me with a temporary workaround.

If I can identify what has changed between versions of that file - particularly in terms of its dependency on the contents of other files, that might point me to where the problem lies.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves
    If I can identify what has changed between versions of that file - particularly in terms of its dependency on the contents of other files, that might point me to where the problem lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesh
    None of those things happen here with a fresh installation of 1.3.9h or with an installation of 1.3.9g upgraded to 1.3.9h
    Quote Originally Posted by frank18
    No problems with my upgrade from g to h either
    With all of the time you have invested so far, you could have reloaded all the admin files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I am upgrading 9g to 9h right now and before overwriting includes/version.php I notice the new file in 9H is older than 9g by about 5 hours....is this right?
    New Zenner

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by polygone View Post
    I am upgrading 9g to 9h right now and before overwriting includes/version.php I notice the new file in 9H is older than 9g by about 5 hours....is this right?
    a) no, it doesn't matter.
    b) that's completely different than the subject matter of the rest of the discussion in this thread -- please try not to hijack other peoples' discussions, since it just adds confusion to the existing dialog.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    a) no, it doesn't matter.
    b) that's completely different than the subject matter of the rest of the discussion in this thread
    So I should have posted a new thread with the same title? Sorry..next time I'll know better.
    New Zenner

Plugin Contributions

With all of the time you have invested so far, you could have reloaded all the admin files
    OK, I have now reloaded ALL of the files in the shop root directory and the (renamed) /admin directory tree.

The problem remains the same.

I even replaced /admin/includes/languages/english.php with the original unedited version to be absolutely sure.

So the only modified file in the whole directory tree was admin/includes/configure.php (which obviously has to be modified with the correct directory/database settings).

Regards

Nick

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

nickgreaves,
    PHP version?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast