MySQL 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.3
    Server OS: Linux server33.interdns.co.uk 2.6.15-55-server
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.9a

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9g -> 1.3.9h upgrade

OK, some additional information:

As replacing all of the files within the /admin directory tree with those from the 1.3.9h installation set didn't work, I replaced ALL files in all directories. That means that apart from a few additional files for custom templates (created as custom includes in the usual way) plus the files for the three addons already meantioned, everything was exactly as per the distribution set.

Symptoms were still as described initially. I've since found a couple of extra problems:

1. On the admin home page, under "New Customers" only the dates are shown. The customer names are missing.

2. On orders, all of the address information is missing.

For the time being I've rolled back to a working 1.3.9g installation and all of the information which was missing in 1.3.9h is show correctly in 1.3.9g (including a couple of new customer accounts and a couple of new orders from today - since the upgrade). So the information is obviously still being recorded in the database OK it's just failing to appear on several pages for some reason.

I have retained the 1.3.9h installation in a separate folder on the server so that by renaming two directories I can easily swap between the working 1.3.9g and problematic 1.3.9h installations. So if there's any further investigation I can do, please let me know.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

So if there's any further investigation I can do, please let me know.
    As I and others have not experienced your issue and can not replicate it, there is little advice we can offer....
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    As I and others have not experienced your issue and can not replicate it, there is little advice we can offer....
    Since the problems are all to do with the rendering of (or, rather, failure to render) information that we know is present in the SQL table, it seems likely that there is a common cause.

I realise no-one else has reproduced it so far, though there have been a couple of similar reports today such as:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166962

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166972
    (oddly, this is with an upgrade to 1.3.9g rather than h)

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Now, if I log into admin and attempt to edit a product, I find that its Product Name, Product Description and Products Model fields are blank.

I realise no-one else has reproduced it so far, though there have been a couple of similar reports today such as:
    One is a partially blank screen, the other fully different than yours
    So I suspect not similar at all
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    One is a partially blank screen, the other fully different than yours
    So I suspect not similar at all
    The missing names under "New Customers" on the main admin screen and the missing addresses from orders are part of the problem I am seeing (as I reported a few messages back).

The point, though, is this:

I upgraded from a fully patched 1.3.9g (with minimal mods) to 1.3.9h, adding and replacing updated files as per the changelog. It didn't work correctly.

Now you'll just have to take my word that I'm not imagining that or making it up. So clearly there is a problem.

The initial suggestion was that perhaps I'd missed a file so at the suggestion of folks here I've replaced ALL of the files from the installation archive, just to be sure. The problems are the same.

So the likely explanations are:

1. A compatibility issue with the server which was not there in 1.3.9g (PHP version, OS, etc).

2. A compatibility issue with the underlying SQL database which was not there in 1.3.9g.

3. A file permissions problem (though I've been through most of the directories and most are 644 except the config ones).

4. Aliens.

Whilst I appreciate that I may currently be the only person with this problem it is, nonetheless, a problem and it therefore has a cause. That is what I am trying to diagnose.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded today from 1.3.9g to 1.3.9h, and I am experiencing the exact same problems as Nick Greaves.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you display that admin page in your browser, where those customer or product details apparently don't "show", and then choose View Source in your browser, do those details show up in the raw HTML?

Also what CHARSET are you using in your english.php file?
    What Character Set and/or collation is your database using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same issue as the OP. Product name, description are blank . Also , my New Customers section, the name is blank but I do see the date.

PHP version is 4.4.9

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you answer all the questions I just asked above?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast