Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9g -> 1.3.9h upgrade

I have no problems with anything in v1.3.9h when using PHP 5.2.12 or newer versions.
    That includes ALL the symptoms discussed in the previous 50 posts of this thread. ie: more specifically, I DO NOT HAVE any of those symptoms when using PHP 5.2.12 or newer (including up to 5.3.3).

However, I've confirmed that PHP 4.4 does indeed dislike these changes made in 1.3.9h.
    We're working on an update that will fix that incompatibility.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9g -> 1.3.9h upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I have no problems with anything in v1.3.9h when using PHP 5.2.12 or newer versions.
    The server I'm using is currently running 5.2.1.

I've asked my ISP if they can upgrade the version though if you're working on a patch anyway I guess that's not urgent.

Regards

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9h - customers don't display on home page, and prod name/model don't show in

Not to be irrelevant, but in case it helps, this discussion prompted me to check to see whether my cart was showing the correction to the category name and description after a re-upload. The actual customer view of the cart shows the correction.

However, my Admin-editable product screen still shows the prior errors in the Spanish name and description, which shows me that at one time I was able to upload with EP 3.0.3 in the general product type, and see the upload in the Admin-editable product screen. Since upgrading to 1.3.9h, that Admin-editable product screen is actually being bypassed.

So, I would suppose that php ver. 5.1.6 is not operating in this respect with 1.3.9h, because the upgrade is the difference in the two uploads bringing about this occurrence.

It would be interesting to see if the patch will also affect the operation of Easy Populate 3.0.3 in this respect.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9h - customers don't display on home page, and prod name/model don't show in

The display problem in the admin is just that: a display problem. The display problem doesn't care how the data was put there initially, whether EP or typed by hand. It's just not displaying it because it's running into a PHP error.

If you're having problems with EP, they should be discussed in the EP support threads.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with 1.3.9h and old PHP versions (lower than 5.2.3)

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    Now, if I log into admin and attempt to edit a product, I find that its Product Name, Product Description and Products Model fields are blank.

The same applies if I create a new product and then edit it.

The Product Name and Product Model are correctly shown in the list of products for any category and all information is correctly shown within the normal customer view of products.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgreaves View Post
    OK, some additional information:

1. On the admin home page, under "New Customers" only the dates are shown. The customer names are missing.

2. On orders, all of the address information is missing.
    Okay, this appears to be a PHP version conflict. Older versions of PHP are croaking on the use of a parameter added only in newer versions.
    Stay tuned for a patch ...
    Solution posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...64&postcount=6

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with 1.3.9h and old PHP versions (lower than 5.2.3)

First file patched, second replaced with 1.3.9g version.

Working fine (PHP 5.2.1).

Have also asked ISP to install latest PHP version so will revert the two files to the standard 1.3.9h versions then and test again.

Regards

Nick

PS: Thanks very much.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456