Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes 5.0 Beta (for v1.5.0)

I have a newly upgraded 1.5.1 Zen Cart with this module installed. It is not letting me have more than one attribute per product. If I set up two - say one for color and the other for size - neither works. The drop downs are there, but there are no options in them.
    Example: http://sandyslace.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=655
    I hope this is something simple and someone can enlighten me quickly on what my (hopefully minor) error is!

~anne

Plugin Contributions

Forgive the possible off the cuff response, so with the new 1.5.1 upgrade, did you incorporate the changes that had to be made to get the mod to workin the first place? Just prior to upgrading, they worked, but now they don't? Are you able to tell if there are quantities of items that have that mixture when in the admin panel? Before adding the second attribute to the list, what series of quantities existed for the attribute(s)? Did you remove quantities of only having the single attribute when assigning a second attribute? With your upgrade, is all that you changed the code in the background, or have you reentered all of your items? If you have reentered your items, then if I remember correctly thereis basically a sequence that should be followed about adding the various attributes, unless I'm thinking about a different/equivalent mod.

A little more info may help, but hope that you're able to resolve the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Forgive the possible off the cuff response, so with the new 1.5.1 upgrade, did you incorporate the changes that had to be made to get the mod to workin the first place? Just prior to upgrading, they worked, but now they don't? Are you able to tell if there are quantities of items that have that mixture when in the admin panel? Before adding the second attribute to the list, what series of quantities existed for the attribute(s)? Did you remove quantities of only having the single attribute when assigning a second attribute? With your upgrade, is all that you changed the code in the background, or have you reentered all of your items? If you have reentered your items, then if I remember correctly thereis basically a sequence that should be followed about adding the various attributes, unless I'm thinking about a different/equivalent mod.

A little more info may help, but hope that you're able to resolve the issue.
    I uploaded the module files and the SQL patch. The old 1.3.8 version of this site was using the old version SBA. And the options with the products are the ones that were on the old site. They were imported with the database, which was then upgraded (with ZC_install). Yes - just prior to upgrading they worked. Yes, the attribute combinations are in the admin. We tried deleting attributes on certain products and then re-entering them. The result is the same as before. The moment one of a second attribute is added, all options disappear on the public side of the site. They are all visible in the admin. Yes, we removed quantities of only having the single attribute when assigning a second attribute - and then it all disappeared again when we added them back.

Plugin Contributions

If I read correctly, the process of upgrading from version 1.3.8 to 1.5.1 was by simply using the zc_install. Please forgive me for asking, was there any modifications made to the files (potentially core files) before going "live"? It sounds like the data is there to be displayed, but the logic is not correctly there to present the results.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If I read correctly, the process of upgrading from version 1.3.8 to 1.5.1 was by simply using the zc_install. Please forgive me for asking, was there any modifications made to the files (potentially core files) before going "live"? It sounds like the data is there to be displayed, but the logic is not correctly there to present the results.
    The database was imported into a new 1.5.1 Zen Cart. There are other modules, but I checked for a conflict before uploading the SBA files. I also tried re-uploading *all* the SBA files today - just to see if the problem went away (thereby revealing that I missed a file merge). It didn't. So no other mods are interfering with the SBA mod's functions, logically, based on that test today.

Plugin Contributions

The other modules on this site are:
    Customer Tax Exempt
    Multi-Cross Sell
    Image Handler 4
    Zen Lightbox
    Dual Pricing - Wholesale Pricing
    Monthly Sales and Tax Summary Report
    ZX Slideshow
    Column Layout Grid
    FedEx

Plugin Contributions

So, have you tried going back to create new attributes that were not in the database and assign them to a "new" product(one that didn't previously have an attribute) to see if there is anything in the process/odd leftover data from the existing attributes? I keep thinking back to a problem that I had with the attribute module that I've installed (version 1.5 of zencart) to be honest, I believe it was this mod, but at the time I was trying multiple mods to do the same thing asi was just starting to use Zen Cart. Anyways, I seem to remember that the sequence of adding the option names and values can have an effect on what is displayed. Ohh, also trying to remember if there was some bugs found in the "early" code that are updated in this forum, but not in the download. Hmm, maybe can find if there are any code repairs in this lengthy forum. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I tried adding two kinds of attributes to a test product: http://sandyslace.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1557 and I added two options to each attribute. They are not working - just like the imported products.

Plugin Contributions

But did you go back even further and create two (or four) new options to be added to an attribute? I'm still looking through the forum to find something about this issue. I know I have seen something similar either in this mod or a similar. I had initially installed 1.3.9 then upgraded to 1.5.0, but hadn't installed a stock by attributes add-on until after having 1.5.0 installed. I know I had some early growing pains and even now have to occasionally enter the mysql database to resequence atttributes associated with an item. Depending on what I had done to mess it up.

Plugin Contributions

So I didn't find the instruction I was thinking about as far as the sequence of adding the things that make up the attribute, but as I seemed to remember around page 20 of this forum, there is some discussion about improvements that were made to get this mod to work in 1.5.1. Check out http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...v1-5-0)/page20 and on. Also might consider adding in a mod that let's you look at global variables when loading a page. It may be that a sql lookup is not feeding the data to the page to be displayed. Around page 22 I think it was is a discussion of downloading files that were "known" to work with 1.5.1. Or hopefully someone else can chime in with a solution or something I have overlooked in asking.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast