Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes 5.0 Beta (for v1.5.0)

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPhung View Post
    It's done using another addon module called Products attribute grid.

Here's the link to the support thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...attribute+grid

You can refer to that thread to get yourself started, but I'd approach this addon with a lot of caution. It's quite buggy, and I don't think there is any official support for zc 1.5, although some people have attempted to install it on 1.5 with some success.

Thank you for the link.
    I installed both modules into my test site.
    They work but with some oddities.
    I can only display a single row with all the attributes instead of on top of each other like your site.
    Also the add to cart button is showing up on every item in the all products by category page.
    There used to be only one at the bottom of the page.
    Attached are some screen shots.
    I would post this on the other thread but you seem to have had success integrating the two.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attributes.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	11362

Name:	Orig.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	11363

Name:	New.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	11364

Plugin Contributions

hi everyone, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the available stock qty to appear by the attribute on the shop.

Hopefully I'm just missing something completely obvious.

I did note that the admin/includes/functions/general.php appears to possibly be based on an older version of zencart - I've compared it to the v 1.5.1 file and merged in the changes.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

I have also noticed a bug, or perhaps i messed something up with the file merge - when I select "False" for Display images in admin, I still get the thumbs on the Products with Attribute Stock.

Can someone tell me which file defines this behavior, and I can recheck it again against the original zencart files as well as against a clean extract of this plugin

Thanks again, I'm excited to be so close to having my shop converted from 1.3.0.2 to 1.5.1!

Plugin Contributions

urg.
    Apparently my rejoicing was too quick.

I've been doing some testing and when I add a product to the cart, the attribute doesn't appear...so basically, I would have absolutely no idea what version of the product a customer was purchasing....also if I put different attributes of the same product into the cart, it just shows the total number of that product ordered rather than 1 of attribute A and 1 of attribute B.

I will try a re-install from the zip package of the plugin without updating the files to match 1.5.1 and see if that helps at all.

If anyone wants to have a look, my temporary location is http://www.spritelygoods.com/zencartv151
    Last edited by woodlandsprite; 28 Oct 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I wonder how/where images connected with attributes show up? I'm able to add an image to an attribute using the attributes controller (and the yellow circle with black line shows up in the listing, subsequently). But if I select the product on the shop page and select its attributes from sequential pulldown I never get to see the image. Any hints are highly appreciated!
    Cheers, Lije

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPhung View Post
    I
    I plan on tacking on a bunch of additional features and to squash any remaining bugs to make this module the ultimate end all and be all version of SBA, as I feel like this addon is pretty much the most needed feature inclusion in zen-cart.

I need you guys to test to see if any other bugs remain...and I also need you guys to chime in on a couple of things...

1. I'm not too familiar with dynamic dropdowns and the documentation in the original module addon is pretty bare. What exactly is the difference between singledropdown and multipledropdown? They look the same to me, and singledropdown was a broken option from the original dynamicdropdown addon module that was never fixed. If there is no difference between the two options, then I'd rather just remove it from SBA altogether rather than attempt to fix it since it seems like a redundant option.

2. I plan on implementing actual live stock count displays of each variant on the product pages. This is a simple solution when we're talking about adding just one attribute variation to a product (i.e. color) when dealing with radio buttons, or dropdowns. But it becomes hard to figure out a way to elegantly display stock quantity of variants when you have more than one attribute tied to a product (i.e. size and color). For instance, if you have 3 sizes and 6 colors of each size of a particular widget...how is it possible to display the individual stock count of each of these variations in the case of radio buttons and dropdowns? Any ideas or inputs you guys can provide would be helpful.
    Robophung, thanks so much for making this functional for v 1.5

For item 1 above, I note if I try to use multiple dropdown, it does not work for my cart. I generally only have 1 attribute type to each product. The attribute is have checked the attribute setup, and the attribute is set up as "dropdown" under option names. If I select multiple_dropdowns it gives me an error on the product info page(s).

For item 2 - it looks like you have this working on your site, but it is not yet included in this update you have posted. Any chance you can share your code? I found it very useful to display the quantity available by attribute in my previous version of my shop, as quantities of products are typically quite limited.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Plugin Contributions

alright. For those that are converting from a legacy version of Zencart as I am you should note that "single dropdown" is totally broken as an option unless someone figures out how to fix it - this was what was causing my problems with the shopping cart not displaying the item + attribute being purchased. I've converted one attribute option that was previous of the "dropdown" variety to "radio button" and changed the Admin: Configuration: Stock: Product Info single display option to single radio set and it now seems to be working as needed.

now to just figure out how to add the available stock qty :)

Plugin Contributions

For anyone trying to display available quantity of a single attribute (this does not work for nested/tiered/stacked attributes)
    it looks like it is possible to use the modifications for 1.3.9 - these can be found via the 1.3.9 wiki

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
    For anyone trying to display available quantity of a single attribute (this does not work for nested/tiered/stacked attributes)
    it looks like it is possible to use the modifications for 1.3.9 - these can be found via the 1.3.9 wiki

I don't see where the file mentioned exists in 1.3.9h. I know I have it running on my 1.3.9h site to show the Quantity in stock next to each attribute but forget how it was done. Does anyone recall what is needed? I have everything working so far with this mod except this.

Plugin Contributions

you need to make the changes to includes/modules/attributes.php

It seems this isn't working for dropdowns...at least not on my site.

Not sure what is different, but it seems I am now able to select single or multiple dropdowns as an option for the attribute display function. (this started working after I applied a bugfix for 1.5.1. When I select any of the "dropdown" styles as the option, I do not see the product qty displayed next to the attribute - it works fine for radio buttons though.
    Last edited by woodlandsprite; 29 Oct 2012 at 10:16 PM.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast