Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade stuck after clicking "Upgrade"

Hi,

I'm installing a test upgrade of 1.3.9h, and after I click "Upgrade" in the ZC_INSTALL, I get this message:

Warning: This script should ONLY be used to upgrade your Zen Cart™ database schema through the versions listed below. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing a full backup of your database prior to performing any upgrades on it!
    But the page has no button or anything on it.

Am I missing something?

I read the instructions, and think I have everything set right... the site actually WORKS, but I get messages about needing a database patch... but cannot upgrade the DB.
    Last edited by rcrosier; 2 Nov 2010 at 02:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade stuck after clicking "Upgrade"

Sounds symptomatic of an incomplete upload of the contents of the zc_install folder(s)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I will re-upload and try again, then let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds symptomatic of an incomplete upload of the contents of the zc_install folder(s)

Plugin Contributions

No luck... I re-uploaded everything, and still have the same problem. It gets the the next page after clicking "Upgrade", and it's done. Nothing. No error or anything.

Yet I can get into Admin and site, but with DB Patch errors.

The only thing that shows as a problem on the "Check settings" page is a warning: "PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF" has a yellow exclamation point.

Everything else is checked as OK.

Strange.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your /cache/ folder will be several zcInstall-xxxxxx.log files (as long as you look there immediately after you get that blank page). What do they contain?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I found this?:

[01-Nov-2010 22:16:35] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/database_upgrade_default.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vermonts/public_html/vtstuff/zc_install/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 31
    [01-Nov-2010 22:16:35] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/database_upgrade_default.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vermonts/public_html/vtstuff/zc_install/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 31
    [01-Nov-2010 22:16:35] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/database_upgrade_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vermonts/public_html/vtstuff/zc_install/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 31

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
    Yup. As I expected. Missing files.

You're missing at least the following file:
    /zc_install/includes/templates/template_default/templates/database_upgrade_default.php

Plugin Contributions

Well, I think you found something, but I don't quite understand why it happened.

Looks like the Windows Extractor chopped off a letter from the zip file. I have this file: database_upgrade_default.ph (no "PHP")

I did it again, and it came out the same, but then I did it to ANOTHER location, and it was OK..???

I ran the DB upgrade, and it looks like I got ONE exception:

Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can safely ignore that exception.