Plugin Contributions

help question Creating new customers manually

I have the need to create new customers myself. I have managed to disable the registration option in Zencart, but now I need to be able to enter details for new customers via the admin panel. Is there something I can use for this? I've found Zencart Bridge and heard it might help but have no idea how to install it - the .zip file came with no doc's.

Also hoping that I can create 'fake' email addresses for customer accounts - I won't ever be sending customers any emails (a separate system is in place for that) - but I'm needing to create login accounts for multiple stores that currently have the same 'real' email address. So let's say a customer is called 'Store Name Here", I would like, e.g., to have an email address like '[email protected]'. Is this possible to do, or is Zencart going to have a cow?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating new customers manually

Additional: I've installed "Add Customers from Admin" (http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=454) but it's not allowing me to create a password for the customer.

All I'm needing to know in this thread is a way to add customers to my database list, where I can also give them a password. Using the "Add Customers from Admin" module seems pointless if there's no password to login with after their account is created!

Plugin Contributions

To my recollection ... when you add a customer using the "Add Customers via Admin" mod, the added customer is sent an e-mail with a created password that the customers can use to login (and then subsequently change to something they remember).

Plugin Contributions

Yeh I've found that that is the case... but it doesn't help me, because I'm needing to create accounts for all customers, including passwords. So at the moment, so it seems, I'm needing to use "Add Customers via Admin" to create a customer and then "Encrypted Master Password" to log in and change the account's password. It's greatly inconvenient, because I've got approximately 400 customers to enter into my database.

Plugin Contributions

You could always edit the "Add Customers from Admin" mod to so that you can enter the password when you create the customer rather than having a random one chosen ...

Plugin Contributions

Why not just go to your site as a customer would do, ask them details and fill in the fields for them? much easier. you can use customer's telephone or something else as their password. this will be much much easier.
    you can let them know that their phone number is their 'temp password' and that that they should change it.

I used this at least 5 times a day to take orders over the phone.