Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apparel Boutique Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sixeyeco View Post
    Thank you! I went to your site and saw all of the other wonderful templates you are offering. I have downloaded the template and I'm off and running. One question, and no reply needed. I used the sql query that was included and that worked just fine. But can't there be a sql query to (or better yet, a button) that would make all of the layout changes for me? Comparing multiple jpgs to my site configs is rather tedious. Not bad, mind you. Certainly worth the effort, considering the quality of the templates you offer. I'm just curious is all.

Thanks again for your contributions!
    Yes, a sql patch could be written for that, but I have not done this. The admin settings can contain a lot of personal preferences and business sepecific decisions that are specific to your business. If you like, you can write the patch and I will include it in a future template package update.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

How can I replace "All Business" with my company name?
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by owl1942 View Post
    How can I replace "All Business" with my company name?
    Thank you
    This thread is for the apparel boutique template. Please post your question to the all business template support thread and be more specific about what you are trying to customize. Is it the logo?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne.
    I am having trouble with Ez Pages. they are not appearing in my admin.

Am using Zen 1.5. I installed Apparel Boutique via WS_FTP. I don't have any other modules added yet. This is my second go around. I installed zen, then your template, a wysiwyg editor, monthly sales report module - then all heck broke out when I installed the Stock by Attributes module. So I've deleted everything and started over. Still those EZ pages remain elusive :)

I changed back to classic template, then again to apparel boutique. that didn't help.

I'm not sure where to look regarding an earlier post where you stated to look in the template files and make sure they are all there.
    I looked here: includes/templates/apparel_boutique/templates and can see the php files for the EZ pages.
    I just can't figure out how to edit them. I also see about_us here: /includes/languages/english/apparel_boutique,
    and here: /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/apparel_boutique

I can add a page. Just not access the pages you have pre-loaded.

thanks.
    Jennifer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by suburbancatwalk View Post
    Hi Anne.
    I am having trouble with Ez Pages. they are not appearing in my admin.

Am using Zen 1.5. I installed Apparel Boutique via WS_FTP. I don't have any other modules added yet. This is my second go around. I installed zen, then your template, a wysiwyg editor, monthly sales report module - then all heck broke out when I installed the Stock by Attributes module. So I've deleted everything and started over. Still those EZ pages remain elusive :)

I changed back to classic template, then again to apparel boutique. that didn't help.

I'm not sure where to look regarding an earlier post where you stated to look in the template files and make sure they are all there.
    I looked here: includes/templates/apparel_boutique/templates and can see the php files for the EZ pages.
    I just can't figure out how to edit them. I also see about_us here: /includes/languages/english/apparel_boutique,
    and here: /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/apparel_boutique

I can add a page. Just not access the pages you have pre-loaded.

thanks.
    Jennifer
    You can create an ezpage in your admin--tools--ezpages. Do a quick search of the FAQ's section for a great tutorial about what ezpages are and how you can use them.

The about us page is not an ezpage. You can edit its content in your admin--tools--define pages editor--define_about_us.php

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

www.labohemianatural.com

trying to take out the a free template by www.picaflor-azul.com. I have followed the instructions in your readme.html and edited all header files I can find to get this line out. It is not working please help

tried to edit as well as any instance containing this particular phrase in source code throughout the template:

/includes/languages/english/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/header.php

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');

using notepad to edit the files then filezilla to upload into the (triple checked for correctness) directory

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by labohemianatural View Post
    www.labohemianatural.com

trying to take out the a free template by www.picaflor-azul.com. I have followed the instructions in your readme.html and edited all header files I can find to get this line out. It is not working please help

tried to edit as well as any instance containing this particular phrase in source code throughout the template:

/includes/languages/english/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/header.php

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');

using notepad to edit the files then filezilla to upload into the (triple checked for correctness) directory
    The YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE in this case is apparel_boutique so you need to edit /includes/languages/english/apparel_boutique/header.php

This really does work as thousands of others have managed to successfully change the tagline for this template ;)

If you are editing this file and it is not changing, be sure that you have saved your changes before uploading the file, that the file on your server is being overwritten, that you are uploading to the correct location on your server, and that you have refreshed your browser to see any changes.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    The YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE in this case is apparel_boutique so you need to edit /includes/languages/english/apparel_boutique/header.php

This really does work as thousands of others have managed to successfully change the tagline for this template ;)

If you are editing this file and it is not changing, be sure that you have saved your changes before uploading the file, that the file on your server is being overwritten, that you are uploading to the correct location on your server, and that you have refreshed your browser to see any changes.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thank you Anne, I decided to just back up and replace all the header files with the original download files before I messed with them (kinda start over, I hadn't done much). Then, I targeted the specific file you mentioned. It worked. I sincerely appreciate your response. I am very small start-up on an almost zero budget, and I love your template. I would like to donate at your site. Thank you again.

Marie Reyes
    La Bohemia Natural

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by labohemianatural View Post
    Thank you Anne, I decided to just back up and replace all the header files with the original download files before I messed with them (kinda start over, I hadn't done much). Then, I targeted the specific file you mentioned. It worked. I sincerely appreciate your response. I am very small start-up on an almost zero budget, and I love your template. I would like to donate at your site. Thank you again.

Marie Reyes
    La Bohemia Natural
    I am so happy that you figured it out ;) Thank you for supporting this free template project.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I've gone through two of these forum threads that deal with this template and I didn't see any mention of the odd problem I'm having.

I have a two shops and they both do the same thing, one is a 'test' one and the other I intend to use as the 'live' shop.

The problem I'm having is when an item is added to the cart AND/OR when the link next to 'checkout' is clicked, the one that lists the number of items are in the cart and the cost, it's as if this one page isn't pulling the correct css styles. It's especially noticeable for the link styles and everything shrinks a bit. Mostly text. The page formatting is still there and the page is totally usable, it just doesn't quite match the other pages. Any ideas? The only css I changed was font sizes on the version that will go 'live', the version that I consider 'test' I didn't mess with the css at all. I'm at a loss.

This the link to the 'live' site: http://www.kathrynkoozer.com/shop/

This is the link to the 'test' site (for comparison): http://shop.kathrynkoozer.com/

Thanks for your help!

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast