Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apparel Boutique Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You might ask over on the amazon support thread. I would imagine that others have the similar problem ;)

Thanks,

Anne

I went ahead and looked over the Amazon Payments support forum thread and found that their css page does infact cause a lot of problems with css. There seems to be no real consensus on how to deal with it but I did follow one suggestion to modify the template that you currently use to override the amazon css. That didn't work for me. I figure I would post my solution just in case there are other people who use this template and the amazon payment module.

What I did was download the amazon css file from their website because it isn't a file that comes with the module download. This can be found at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon..../one-click.css. If you go and look at this you will immediately see the problems.

So I downloaded this file and placed it in my server: checkout_by_amazon folder (this folder is in the base directory of your shop). This makes it a local file and you can edit it however you like. I removed all of the heading styles and the visited link style. To make the module use this file instead of the one on the amazon server you need to modify line 65 in the file: checkout_by_amazon/checkout_by_amazon_constants.php. This is the line of code to be changed:

Code:
    define("CBA_STYLE_SHEET", '"https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/cba/styles/one-click.css"');
    Everything between the quote marks with the web address need to be changed to
    Code:
    your shop's website/checkout_by_amazon/one-click.css

This is what I did and it works perfectly. I hope this will help those who may encounter the same problem in the future.
    Last edited by tsan_kafuin; 22 Mar 2014 at 02:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tsan_kafuin View Post
    I went ahead and looked over the Amazon Payments support forum thread and found that their css page does infact cause a lot of problems with css. There seems to be no real consensus on how to deal with it but I did follow one suggestion to modify the template that you currently use to override the amazon css. That didn't work for me. I figure I would post my solution just in case there are other people who use this template and the amazon payment module.

What I did was download the amazon css file from their website because it isn't a file that comes with the module download. This can be found at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon..../one-click.css. If you go and look at this you will immediately see the problems.

So I downloaded this file and placed it in my server: checkout_by_amazon folder (this folder is in the base directory of your shop). This makes it a local file and you can edit it however you like. I removed all of the heading styles and the visited link style. To make the module use this file instead of the one on the amazon server you need to modify line 65 in the file: checkout_by_amazon/checkout_by_amazon_constants.php. This is the line of code to be changed:

Code:
    define("CBA_STYLE_SHEET", '"https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/cba/styles/one-click.css"');
    Everything between the quote marks with the web address need to be changed to
    Code:
    your shop's website/checkout_by_amazon/one-click.css

This is what I did and it works perfectly. I hope this will help those who may encounter the same problem in the future.
    Thank you so much for posting your solution so that other community members can find the answer when they need it :)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Scratch this message, I found it was fine to just sort my products into categories and links to those appear on the home page.

Plugin Contributions

Greetings. I am trying to figure out how to change the appearance of the category links which appear on the main page. I tried to consult the style sheet but I dont see parameters for font size pertaining to the category links. If you look at my page they are very small and hard to read. www.labohemianatural.com

help is much appreciated

Marie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by labohemianatural View Post
    Scratch this message, I found it was fine to just sort my products into categories and links to those appear on the home page.
    I am happy that you figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

LOVE LOVE the template, I had no issues with the install and instruction as well as redesign,
    everything works perfectly. thank you so much

I have one question though, is it possible to slow down the slider? what file do i need to edit for this?
    thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmade View Post
    LOVE LOVE the template, I had no issues with the install and instruction as well as redesign,
    everything works perfectly. thank you so much

I have one question though, is it possible to slow down the slider? what file do i need to edit for this?
    thank you in advance
    Are you using the responsive version of this template?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Are you using the responsive version of this template?

Thanks,

Anne

I downloaded it from your website
    i am not sure but here is where it is located

http://adb-designs.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

Hi Picaflor, the template is working very smoothly after testing it the last several months. I am ready to expand product offerings and have so set them into different categories. Links to these display on the homepage but are kind of plain. I would like to know how I can better customize only these specifically. I would be willing to pay for time as well if you can help.

Marie

www.labohemianatural.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by labohemianatural View Post
    Hi Picaflor, the template is working very smoothly after testing it the last several months. I am ready to expand product offerings and have so set them into different categories. Links to these display on the homepage but are kind of plain. I would like to know how I can better customize only these specifically. I would be willing to pay for time as well if you can help.

Marie

www.labohemianatural.com
    I emailed you ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast