Plugin Contributions

cart error No PayPal Express Button

Hi I'm new to the forum and still very green when it comes to Zen-Cart. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My problem is this. I had several domains running Zen cart, and all was running well. I had several sites but only one static IP so only one SSL certificate.
    I was using Paypal express, which I had no problem with installing or using. Installation was a breeze. Put in API details from paypal in Admin->Modules->Payment-> PayPal Express and voila!! Button magically appears on my website. Great!!
    Due to only being able to have one IP address I had decided to change my hosting plan when it was due to expire to one that allowed multiple IPs.
    Coincidently as I was about to change hosting, version 1.3.9h was released. Aha!! (not so clever part of brain kicks in) I'll upgrade from 1.3.9f to h at the same time. I'll do a clean install as well.
    Everything seemed to going fine until I tried to install Paypal express.
    Filled in API details etc everything appearing to work ok.
    Admin->Modules->Payments->Paypal Express now says processing--- Good, all seems fine, but when I look at my site no button. It makes reference to paypal button in checkout/create account but no button.
    I then carried out check with curltester.php which came back ok.
    Carried out ipncheck.php which also came back ok.
    I reinstalled the older version of Zen 1.3.9f but the problem still exists.
    I then got new API credentials from Paypal to install in Zen but the problem still exists.
    Could anyone think of anything I am missing. The last strand of hair on my head is about to be pulled out. Please save me from being bald.

Norman.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No PayPal Express Button

In v1.3.9h, if you select the option to not display the Express Checkout Shortcut Button within your Express Checkout module settings, then it will not display.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In v1.3.9h, if you select the option to not display the Express Checkout Shortcut Button within your Express Checkout module settings, then it will not display.
    I have the Express Checkout Shortcut button checked to display and it is not showing up. neither is the google checkout button. is there something I'm missing? it worked before i went to 1.3.9.h

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by psychsoftpc View Post
    I have the Express Checkout Shortcut button checked to display and it is not showing up. neither is the google checkout button. is there something I'm missing? it worked before i went to 1.3.9.h
    solved it. had to turn it off, then turn it on again. now both are working