Plugin Contributions

Default declined card error messages is inconsistently passed back

I have noticed a problem with the websitepayments pro.

I am running 1.3.9h and have noticed that if I enter a vlid credit card but it gets declined, the error message to say the card was declined is inconssitently passed back to zencart. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.

Now I am also using rubik ajax checkout (xcheckout) and verified with Raine that this is not a problem with his script first, this is what he said:

"Regarding issue with payment error, I think this is an intermittent issue caused by your payment module. To test it, I tried the classic checkout, entered valid card # with valid expiration date (but the card does not actually exist), and got redirected back to payment step after confirmation without any error message, so I believe this is intermittent issue which happens from time to time. And also, it is not an issue with xcheckout because it also happens on your classic checkout module, the issue is with the payment module itself not reporting any error."

is anyone able to shed any light on this issue?

Thanks

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: declined card error messages is inconsistently passed back

What are the paypal debug logs telling you?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

lol well its not happening right now of course and i didnt have logging on during the time of the issue, perhaps posting on the forum was all i needed to do to fix it :) I will try a few more times later and see if I can get it to re-occur and re post if it happens

thanks

JM

Plugin Contributions

After a lot of trial and error, I have discovered that for a client of mine having a similar problem, setting Paypal to Debug allows the error message to display.

I have tested several times and without fail, with debug OFF, there is no error message, and as soon as I turn it on, the error displays as it should.

Other useful info: the site is 1.3.9h with Website Payments Pro(UK). The process was going to the 3D Secure page and then returning to the start of checkout with no error message.

So it looks as if there is a glitch in the code in what the Debug switch does.

Incidentally, the log file is full of files with names like Paypal_CURL_123456798_k65B.log that contain all the transaction data...there's 2 months worth amounting to 6MB (and obviously, this directory is now going to get bigger with all the debug files, eben set to Alert Only) - is there a way to auto-delete these files after x days?
    Last edited by Ryk; 22 Dec 2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart