Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products in ALL Prod but not in Catagory area

I have just upgraded from 1.3.8 I think to 1.3.9h (new install) and tried a complete database transfer...didn't work, so moved individual product, catagory and customer tables to the new database. Then moved all of the images over to the new version as well. Flyout menu works, showing all catagories. All of the moved products show in "All Products" and are randomly set in the "New Products" as well as other areas. The problem is that in some of the catagories (not all) the page state "no products to list" Also in a few catagories, only say only 4 of 10 products will show up, but if I run a Manufacturer search or item search they are there. As far as I know I moved all tables relating to customers, catagories and or products. Then I also ran a second installation for the store. What did I do?!?!?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products in ALL Prod but not in Catagory area

Obvious question first: Did you perform an upgrade on the database using the installer that came with your 1.3.9h download? Manually "migrating" your database to a new version is unwise and not recommended.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Do you use an importer on your Products or manually enter them in your Zen Cart Admin?

Do you use Linked Products?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am a newbie and, I also have just upgraded from 1.3.9g to 1.3.9h (new install). As I only had 50 products listed, I started a new shop and performed a new installation. Previously, I had exported the database from 1.3.9g, then after installation, I imported that entire database.

Now, every time I try to edit a product (whether it be a product which existed in the old database or a new product which I have put into V1.3.9h) all information associated with that product disappears and I have to re-enter. The only information remaining is the price.

Also, when I enter a new product, if I want to amend the information in the initial stages, the information also disappears after I have clicked the Preview button and clicked the Back button. Again, the only information remaining is the price.

When I look at the database, the table which is products_description
    the fields called: products_name and products_description still retains the original information

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Plugin Contributions

First let me thank ya'll for the quick responses. I may just some old timers disease setting in?!?!? anyway, Here is some additional info...The original store sits on a mysql database on godaddy servers. The database is 4.1.?? version and the new store installation resides in 5.0 version. I tried the back up and dowload from the old database and tried to move it over to the new one AAAHHHHH to no avail, multiple error messages, so I decided to try it with individual tables. After doing the download from the first store, I lost my "Information_Schema" database and now even it doesn't work. Back to the issue at hand, I ran a second database installation through the zen-cart setup and still nothing is working right. I probably just did something wrong.
    Answers to your questions.
    No...I enter info manually
    Yes...some linked to other catagories
    Database upgrade...w/ zen-cart YES I tried...couldn't get the tables or information to complete without major codes poping up in SQL area.
    Thanks Again in Advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by anilatac View Post
    I am a newbie and, I also have just upgraded from 1.3.9g to 1.3.9h (new install). As I only had 50 products listed, I started a new shop and performed a new installation. Previously, I had exported the database from 1.3.9g, then after installation, I imported that entire database.

Now, every time I try to edit a product (whether it be a product which existed in the old database or a new product which I have put into V1.3.9h) all information associated with that product disappears and I have to re-enter. The only information remaining is the price.

Also, when I enter a new product, if I want to amend the information in the initial stages, the information also disappears after I have clicked the Preview button and clicked the Back button. Again, the only information remaining is the price.

When I look at the database, the table which is products_description
    the fields called: products_name and products_description still retains the original information

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

What is your php Version?

If not php v5.3.2 or greater, does post #6 help you?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153143
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh - thanks for your prompt reply.

I found a post: Re: Known bug with v1.3.9h and OLD versions of PHP (lower than 5.2.3)

So I called my web server provider who said they were using 5.2.11

They have migrated my account to a newer server to upgrade to 5.2.3 but said it could take a couple of hours.

Hopefully it will take care of the problem, however, I am answering this now just in case somebody else has the same query.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

My web server upgraded PHP to 5.2.3 and it has been fixed.

If anyone else is having the same problem, the post I found regarding the known bug had the following information:
    Symptoms:
    Using PHP version lower than 5.2.3 (and 5.2.3 is LESS THAN 5.2.13, for example. ie: 3 is less than 13)
    a) On admin "home" page you notice that your list of customers shows only dates, not names.
    b) On admin product-edit screen you notice that the product name, description, and model number are empty when editing a product.

NOTE: If you're using such an old version of PHP, then your site is certainly not PCI-Compliant, and is thus likely to contain known security problems in PHP, and you should be upgrading your hosting to a newer version of PHP.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that the change to php v5.2.3 or greater fixed this issue ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I did a clean install of 1.3.9 in a new location and new db after being hacked into. I am having the same problems as above, the product name disappearing in the edit mode. I am using a free template, red_passion. My host is using PHP ver. 5.2.12 so I do not understand why this is happening. I am with iPower hosting.

FYI, I looked into doing the workaround for lower PHP versions, as stated in the forum by Dr. Byte, but I didn't have an /admin/includes/functions/general.php file, I have admin/includes/functions/functions_general.php file, and it does not have this line #39: return htmlspecialchars($string, ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, FALSE);

Any help would be appreciated!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast