Plugin Contributions

Default Can I show store data on my other pages?

Hi,I have zen cart as a subfolder in my site called ordering. The problem is I'd like to know how can I intrface with the zen cart application to for example display products from a certain category on the index page which is not part of zencart. Not sure if the topic(not written) called class interfaces in the wiki has anything to do with what I am looking for.

I'd like to know which files must I include to use the zen cart classes and functions in my index.php page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I show store data on my other pages?

The add-on Sidebox Anywhere is what you need. Have a look at the comments in the php file for instructions on how to install it.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=79

This add-on is for displaying sideboxes and/or centerboxes on non-zen cart pages.

Plugin Contributions

Not exactly I want to be able tocall functions like zen_validate_email,zen_get_products_name etc.
    What I want to do is to display products from certain related categories and display them on the page.

Plugin Contributions

Have a look at the way it works though and you'll probably find that it only needs a slight modification to achieve what you want to do. Most of the code has been written for you.

Do you have an installation of Zen Cart up and running or are you thinking that you are going to integrate only parts of Zen Cart?
    Last edited by kdays; 15 Nov 2010 at 08:46 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have website in a top folder. Then inside that folder there is a zencart folder called ordering. What I want to do is to be able to call zen-cart functions fromthe index.php file in the top folder.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is not a modular system that you just ask it to do certain things for you by interacting from an external interface.
    It is an advanced online ecommerce system, containing your entire catalog of products, customer management, order management, checkout operations, etc. It is intended to BE your store, not merely an addon TO your store.
    If you want something that you just generically toss an item into a cart and then do a checkout, use PayPal's button-based store instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, yes. I seem to have noticed the ametuerish approach. A software difficult to customize to begin with. Pathetic...