Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Avonlee Contempo 1.5.3 compatible

Anne,

I want to make Specials, New, All, and Featured all display in columns just like on the products (category) listing.

I found SNAF plugin, and see it on the picaflor site too:
    http://www.picaflor-azul.com/zen-car...en-cart-module

I already have this excellent Avonlee template installed. Is the SNAF plugin the recommended way to get everything to display in rows? Or do you recommend anything else? Is there any conflicts, or should I expect any problems with the SNAF plugin installation and use with Avonlee template?

Thank you!!!
    Zen Cart 1.5.3, Database Patch Level: 1.5.3
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32, Database: MySQL 5.5.41
    HTTP Server: Apache, PHP Version: 5.4.37

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stiggybaby View Post
    ...should I expect any problems with the SNAF plugin installation and use with Avonlee template?
    On closer inspection (if I didn't overlook anything), it appears that includes/modules/avonlee_contempo/product_listing.php is the only file that is overwritten.

I tried to learn and use the winmerge program, but I cannot figure it out yet...

Is this product_listing.php file something that needs to be merged in order to use snaf with the fantastic Avonlee Contempo template? So far everything seems to be working okay (fingers crossed), but since you list snaf as a recommended plugin I though I should check.

If all is a-okay, then perhaps you can add a note to the page so others don't bother with questions like me

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

On closer inspection (if I didn't overlook anything), it appears that includes/modules/avonlee_contempo/product_listing.php is the only file that is overwritten.

I tried to learn and use the winmerge program, but I cannot figure it out yet...

Is this product_listing.php file something that needs to be merged in order to use snaf with the fantastic Avonlee Contempo template? So far everything seems to be working okay (fingers crossed), but since you list snaf as a recommended plugin I though I should check.

If all is a-okay, then perhaps you can add a note to the page so others don't bother with questions like me

Thanks again!
    Yes, as with any module install, you should merge any common files between the new module and the template package.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Yes, as with any module install, you should merge any common files between the new module and the template package.

Thanks,

Anne
    Okay, but since I still cannot figure out winmerge, I tried to do a side by side comparison manually (each in notepad).

The one included with Avonlee has at the top:
    * @version $Id: product_listing.php 6787 2007-08-24 14:06:33Z drbyte $
    * UPDATED TO WORK WITH COLUMNAR PRODUCT LISTING For Zen Cart v1.3.6 - 10/25/2006

and the snaf one has:
    * UPDATED TO WORK WITH COLUMNAR PRODUCT LISTING For Zen Cart v1.5.0 - 01/02/2012

So my question is, is the product_listing.php that is included in the Avonlee template an older version of the file (pre 1.5.0) that should be replaced by SNAF?

(in which case NOT merged, since I'm using the much newer v1.5.3)

Or did you update it from 1.3.6, and simply never documented the change, and it's actually NOT 1.3.6?

(in which case maybe it should be merged)

Or is there something else I'm not understanding?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, but since I still cannot figure out winmerge, I tried to do a side by side comparison manually (each in notepad).

The one included with Avonlee has at the top:
    * UPDATED TO WORK WITH COLUMNAR PRODUCT LISTING For Zen Cart v1.3.6 - 10/25/2006

and the snaf one has:
    * UPDATED TO WORK WITH COLUMNAR PRODUCT LISTING For Zen Cart v1.5.0 - 01/02/2012

So my question is, is the product_listing.php that is included in the Avonlee template an older version of the file (pre 1.5.0) that should be replaced by SNAF?

(in which case NOT merged, since I'm using the much newer v1.5.3)

Or did you update it from 1.3.6, and simply never documented the change, and it's actually NOT 1.3.6?

(in which case maybe it should be merged)

Or is there something else I'm not understanding?
    Check to see if are other changes further down in the file that have to be merged.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I definitely see differences... The question is if the file in the Avonlee template is OLDER, OR if you changed it but did not document it, and it is something other than what the file says it is:

Unlike the SNAF file, which is documented and clearly states:
    * SNAF version 1.2
    * product listing version

So basically you are saying that the file in the Avonlee template has been changed, but not commented to say so? And THEREFORE needs to be merged? Otherwise why would a 1.3.6 file in a 1.5.1 template need to be merged with a 1.5.0 updated version of the file (being used in a 1.5.3 install)?
    Last edited by stiggybaby; 24 Jul 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I definitely see differences... The question is if the file in the Avonlee template is OLDER, OR if you changed it but did not document it, and it is something other than what the file says it is:

Unlike the SNAF file, which is documented and clearly states:
    * SNAF version 1.2
    * product listing version

So basically you are saying that the file in the Avonlee template has been changed, but not commented to say so? And THEREFORE needs to be merged? Otherwise why would a 1.3.6 file in a 1.5.1 template need to be merged with a 1.5.0 updated version of the file (being used in a 1.5.3 install)?
    I am assuming that since the file is in the template package and in an override directory that I have changed it in some way. You will need to merge any changes you find in the file. I do believe that this template package is older than the snaf module.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I am assuming that since the file is in the template package and in an override directory that I have changed it in some way. You will need to merge any changes you find in the file. I do believe that this template package is older than the snaf module.

Thanks,

Anne
    Okay, understood. Thanks for the explanation!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Avonlee Contempo Template Support Thread

hello, I have installe a avonlee_contempo.1.6 on my website http://atopfashionstore.com, however, it seems there was no where for the new clients to registered on my website, here is the sigin page, http://www.atopfashionstore.com/inde...action=process can anyone tell me how to fix it.. ps.. I am a totally idiot on website design thing.. please give more specific details..
    Thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Avonlee Contempo Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by silver4sell View Post
    hello, I have installe a avonlee_contempo.1.6 on my website http://atopfashionstore.com, however, it seems there was no where for the new clients to registered on my website, here is the sigin page, http://www.atopfashionstore.com/inde...action=process can anyone tell me how to fix it.. ps.. I am a totally idiot on website design thing.. please give more specific details..
    Thank you very much
    Your page is broken after the login prompts.
    Check your "log" directory for the errors that this is causing?