Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Avonlee Contempo Template Support Thread

Anne once again you are the greatest.

I also had to remove this snippet of code from the #navMainWrapper to get your suggestion to work. Just in case any one else woud like to know.

Code:
    margin: 0em;
    So this is what I have now:

Code:
    #navMainWrapper {margin-top:-14px;font-weight: normal;color: #fff;background-color:#c8bb89;height: 40px;width: 950px;}
    Shawn Chronister
    The Attic
    Zencart Rules now if we could just Microsoft RMS integration.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I was wondering where in the stylesheet.css that I can find the code to change the font size for the "define_page.php" and the "Categories description". The default size is really small.

I also wanted to change the size of the thumbnails for the subcategories. They too are also really small under the main categories page - they are setting to a 43 px by 57 px. I just can't see the coding in the stylesheet to make those changes.

Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pea View Post
    Hi,
    I also wanted to change the size of the thumbnails for the subcategories. They too are also really small under the main categories page - they are setting to a 43 px by 57 px. I just can't see the coding in the stylesheet to make those changes.

Thanks so much!
    You can change image sizes in admin--configuration--images.

I was wondering where in the stylesheet.css that I can find the code to change the font size for the "define_page.php" and the "Categories description". The default size is really small.
    If you are going to be making css changes to the site I would strongly recommend installing and using a tool such as firebug for firefox. It will help you figure out where to make all of your css changes.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

css problem Re: Avonlee Contempo Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You can change image sizes in admin--configuration--images.

If you are going to be making css changes to the site I would strongly recommend installing and using a tool such as firebug for firefox. It will help you figure out where to make all of your css changes.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for the help! I did everything you suggested, fixed the images (boy, that was a "uh duh" moment... so thank you for that additional tip!)

As for the css I downloaded Firebug and have been having fun learning how to use it. I have pretty much gone over the entire stylesheet to see how padding and font sizes can be changed. The only trouble is that I still can't get the individual code for the font size that adjusts the font size for the define_pages.php and the category description section. The only way to adjust the font size is under the section of :
    body {
    font-size: 100%;

But if I adjust the font-size code it adjusts also enlarges the heading the categories fonts etc.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for the help! I did everything you suggested, fixed the images (boy, that was a "uh duh" moment... so thank you for that additional tip!)

As for the css I downloaded Firebug and have been having fun learning how to use it. I have pretty much gone over the entire stylesheet to see how padding and font sizes can be changed. The only trouble is that I still can't get the individual code for the font size that adjusts the font size for the define_pages.php and the category description section. The only way to adjust the font size is under the section of :
    body {
    font-size: 100%;

But if I adjust the font-size code it adjusts also enlarges the heading the categories fonts etc.
    You will need to only single out the selectors that you want to change. If you post the url to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jfmills View Post
    Nevermind. I missed one thing in the admin. It works great now. Thanks. :)
    It's not considered "fair" on this forum not to explain how you solved your own problem. So, what was your solution?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enginarat View Post
    It's not considered "fair" on this forum not to explain how you solved your own problem. So, what was your solution?
    LOL... that's true!

The solution to my problem was to learn how to edit a "selector" properly.

I was only editing selectors which had coding in them. I didn't understand that there was a "grouping" of bits and bobs put together. For example in the stylesheet:
    /*bof wrappers - page or section containers*/
    #mainWrapper {background: transparent;text-align: left;width: 1000px;vertical-align: top;position:relative; top:0px;}
    #contentMainWrapper {background-color:#ffffff;}
    "#headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper,#logoWrapper"

I was literally only eding in codes that already had {}. I realised at some point...another "uh duh" moment that I could actually alter anything with a # in front of it and get what I was looking for.

So to deal with my issue I altered the stylesheet section with:
    #navColumnOneWrapper, #navColumnTwoWrapper, #mainWrapper {margin: auto;}
    .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {float: left;}
    "#indexProductListCatDescription.content {font-size: 1.4em}"

I just split up the #indexProductListCatDescription.content from the rest of the group and added a selector.

I hope that makes sense...

Plugin Contributions

While on the subject, I did have another question as to whether or not keeping the stylesheet_betterCategoriesEZinfo.css with this template is essential for the stabilility of the cart design?

I downloaded a copy of Aberdeen natural and noticed that this file isn't included. I am redesigning the categories section and found I actually wanted a solid background instead of the links being highlighted.

Plugin Contributions

While on the subject, I did have another question as to whether or not keeping the stylesheet_betterCategoriesEZinfo.css with this template is essential for the stabilility of the cart design?

I downloaded a copy of Aberdeen natural and noticed that this file isn't included. I am redesigning the categories section and found I actually wanted a solid background instead of the links being highlighted.
    The avonlee contempo template does have the bettercategories ez info module installed so it needs the stylesheet. The aberdeen neutral template does not have this module installed so it doesn't need the stylesheet.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    The avonlee contempo template does have the bettercategories ez info module installed so it needs the stylesheet. The aberdeen neutral template does not have this module installed so it doesn't need the stylesheet.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,
    Thanks for the info. The trouble is I actually like the new design to the categories and side boxes using just the stylesheet.css if I keep the bettercategories ez info module it disrupts the new design. I just wanted to clarify that there would be an instability issue if I were to remove the bettercategories ez info completely?

So far all the pages are working correctly but there may be a stability issue I am unaware of (like if the header.php goes missing the entire cart is blank)

Thanks again!

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast