Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default SecurePay Amex error 'The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type"

I'm getting an error on the checkout when using amex. The cards are valid and work fine when i process through my merchant site manually, but when I use zen (amex is enabled with a 1 in the card section) I get this error. The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amex error 'The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type"

The problem will be linked to the payment module that you're using and will need somebody with knowledge of that module to help you. Unfortunately you haven't included this information in your statement of the problem.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amex error 'The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type"

I'm using the secure pay module. I've checked the cc validation and the securepay.php module and they both match up with the two names (i saw a similiar problem with the Master Card/Mastercard)

} elseif (preg_match('/^3[47][0-9]{13}$/', $this->cc_number) && CC_ENABLED_AMEX=='1') {
    $this->cc_type = 'American Express';

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Secure Pay Amex error 'The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type

I've edited the title of the thread in the hope that it attracts somebody with knowledge of that payment module.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your module is likely expecting it to say 'AMEX', when it's really saying 'American Express'.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SecurePay Amex error 'The Credit Card Number does not match the Credit Card Type"

No, I can't get into my ftp now, but that code translates correctly too. I just didn't get a chance to paste the code from the securepay.