Plugin Contributions

Default Spacing issues in category view and products

***pre-warning don't freak out, my site is an adult toy site, 18+ obviously, you may see a ########,your catholic wife/priest will not be happy with you***

Somewhere I messed something up, when I view a category with subcategories, but no items in that primary category, my website spaces itself strange.

Example - lingerie category in an attempt to minimize exposure

As well I have another issue when I actually view a product, you can see that the left side is spaced and squishing the center column content. I don't know where I went wrong, and I'm sure it's a quick fix, but I can't find it for the life of me. As far as I can tell I have the center column spaced out to 700 static.

Example - I picked a product that was safe :) You can trust me to protect your modesty when able.

I would really appreciate the help, I can trade too, if someone needs some server config help or anything of that nature, I have 15 years in IT, just not in php/css :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spacing issues in category view and products

oh one other thing, when viewing the second example link you can see that my manufactures box is right against my footer, anyone have an idea for how I can add some white space between them? I hate the way they look smashed together.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like either you or your template designer have added tables and table elements to the standard design, then given them widths that are causing the problem (though only in IE7 (and, probably, IE6)). The site is OK in IE8 and FF.

Find the three places that have a specified width of 150px and increase it to at least 180. You can use the Admin - Tools - Developers Tool Kit to search for width="150"

Plugin Contributions

I did that and it did not fix the problem, it seems (to me anyway) that the width of the site is being specified in one place for the main page, but in a different place for category, shipping, etc etc. If you put an item in the cart you will see the page is only wide enough to fit all the images in a single line.

Likewise if you then attempt to checkout the checkout page is spaced all funny and breaks it out to two lines. The white space on the left never matches the white space on the right, and you can actually see the left column is moving in because the center is shrinking haphazardly. It's like somewhere a width tag got deleted and now it's just liquid.
    Last edited by stirge; 29 Nov 2010 at 03:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

got it and you were correct, one of those 150's was the center table and I made it 700 and bam, we are in business now. When I changed it to 180 I didn't notice a difference, but I went back through the code and realized where the center column starts, did the admin tools search for the line, found where it was, changed it, and the rest is history. Appreciate the help!