Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Description doesnt line up properly below image.

Hi, Im new at Zen-Cart and have created a few products and what happens is the product description doesnt line up with the rest of the text after the bottom of the image which is located on the left side of the page. I dont know what to do to line it up. The URL is http://bearygoodsigns.com.au/index.p...&products_id=1
    I was thinking maybe i need some sort of column that lines up the image all the way down so that like in a table they would be two totally differant columns.
    Am i making any sense?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Description doesnt line up properly below image.

Hi,

Do you just mean that you want the description to be left aligned, rather than centred? That needs to be changed in your stylesheet (includes/templates/trublu/css/stylesheet.css)

....forget that, it looks from the source code like you've set the description to align center via the text editor in your admin.

Was that what you meant?

Plugin Contributions

Default Basic question, totally new Zen Cart user!

I have a question regarding Methods of payment, but my immediate problem is that I don't even know how to post that question.
    I created an account in Zen Cart Support but I can't seem to figure out how to actually post my question out there.
    Can you help? Thanks
    Christine in Chicago

Plugin Contributions

Hi Christine,

I usually find Googling my questions leads me right to a relevant post by somebody else and is better than searching any forum. If you want to post though, go to http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18 and click the 'start a new thread' button near the top of the page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by goosedesign View Post
    Hi,

Do you just mean that you want the description to be left aligned, rather than centred? That needs to be changed in your stylesheet (includes/templates/trublu/css/stylesheet.css)

....forget that, it looks from the source code like you've set the description to align center via the text editor in your admin.

Was that what you meant?
    Hi thanks for your reply. Im sorry i really didnt know how to explain it. Yes I do have the description aligned center via the text editor....however it does he same thing whether its aligned center or left.

See on the item it says "ALL OTHER VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED AWAY" well it looks like all the description is wraped around the product image and this causes all lines that are below the the bottom of the image are then not in the alignment.

Does that make more sense to help?

What i was thinking would be good is to have a left column which would contain the product image then below that the model name, Shipping Weight and Units in Stock. And then a column next to that which would contain the product description.

Plugin Contributions

How's your CSS?

What you've said would be possible by editing the various parts of the product listing via the CSS file. I think the ones you need are #productMainImage for the image, #productDescription for the text and #productDetailsList for the model, shipping etc.

There would be a few ways of doing it, but one that should work would be to float the image and details list to the left, and the description to the right.

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem.
    I fixed it by editing the css for my template from
    Code:
    #productDescription {margin-left: 150px;}
    to
    Code:
    #productDescription {margin-left: 200px;}
    Hope that helps
    Kia
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]My Store[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Good for you, Kia!
    I find that, if the elements that are wanted in the left column can be assigned a maximum fixed width, floating them left and giving right-column elements a margin-left to clear that width (and no float) lets everything fit neatly and predictably in columns while allowing text on the right to expand to fill flexible width pages.

The left-floated elements may need clear: left; to keep them below the preceding floated element.

Plugin Contributions

HELP!!!
    I am trying to make it to where in the product info page i have a picture to the left and the cart to the right along with the price and attributes. Then under all of that I would like to have the description and so fourth. For some reason i cant figure out how to get the description to appear under the image properly. Most of the time it is to the right, right under the cart. This first like is what i would like my site to look like. The second link is what my site is doing now. Please if you can help me in any way that would be so great. Thanks

What i want my page to look like
    http://www.frontiersoups.com/p-PK-Pu...Spice-Mix.html

One of my pages that i would like to have changed.
    http://www.wpc-consulting.com/~stxmi...products_id=36

Plugin Contributions

Looks like you have sorted that now - the description is below the images in wpc-consulting.com.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast