Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9 ?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, I have version zencart 1.3.7 ... I have never upgraded, and I really need/want to.

Is there a link or readme file that explains in detail, how to upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9 ? I have found some upgrade steps, but i'm not sure it this is for my OLD version to upgrade to the NEW version. I can follow the steps, I just want to make sure these are the RIGHT steps for my Version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) THANK YOU

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9 ?

how to upgrade from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9
    Steps are the same only compiling a list of all the files that have changed is a bit harder

Then only if you have used the tempate override system for all of your customized files will it be simpler...
    If you have not, first thing to do is get a fresh version of what you are using now and a set of the files your shop is using all on your local.

Run a file compare on these 2 sets to locate what core files you might have edited and to preserve these changes

Then a fresh install of 1.3.9h with a new database and follow the tutorial from there

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!

Also, when someone uses PayPal IPN, I receive an email saying the money has been sent, but It does not update in my orders log. Would you know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

but It does not update in my orders log. Would you know how to fix this?
    Not if 1.3.7 as I have not had a copy of that loaded since 2007
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by video2402 View Post
    Thank you!

Also, when someone uses PayPal IPN, I receive an email saying the money has been sent, but It does not update in my orders log. Would you know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    Upgrade, and switch to Express Checkout instead of IPN. It's much more reliable.

In the meantime you can try many things to sort out your IPN problems: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'll be honest... I'm completely lost when it comes to upgrading (I don't want to mess anything up) Is there anyone I could pay to convert everything?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Upgrade, and switch to Express Checkout instead of IPN. It's much more reliable.

In the meantime you can try many things to sort out your IPN problems: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

I receive some payments correctly, but some go unnoticed, and then I have to ask the customers what they ordered. So, some of them are working properly.... This started just yesterday by the way.

Plugin Contributions

I have switched to Express Checkout, I did everything right, but now I get a few errors

"Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/designsn/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 1467

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/designsn/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 1467

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/designsn/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php on line 333"

Did I do something wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Expres Checkout requires CURL to be available on your server. Most reputable hosting companies have this available, already compiled into PHP with OpenSSL. If yours doesn't, you're stuck.

As for the array_merge error messages, those were fixed in newer versions of Zen Cart ... so upgrading will fix those for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Expres Checkout requires CURL to be available on your server. Most reputable hosting companies have this available, already compiled into PHP with OpenSSL. If yours doesn't, you're stuck.

As for the array_merge error messages, those were fixed in newer versions of Zen Cart ... so upgrading will fix those for you.
    That's what I figured, I will attempt this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast