Plugin Contributions

Default Sales Message goes here

I am trying to finish building my zc store! I am a newbie, and this is my first post... but I have read through the threads and even found the "link" with zc instructions on how to change this text, but I still cant figure it out! Can someone please help me here. I appreciate it, I hope Im not wasting people's time. But it is what it is I guess!?

Thank you,
    Ray

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Message goes here

First, I hope you're using the override system which will save you time and trouble later.

I find the easiest way to make edits like this is to have Zen Cart unzipped on my computer so I can see the folder/file structure and create any folders I need for my custom template.

The best way to edit php files like header.php to change the sales message is with a good text editor like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor. Copy includes/languages/english/classic/header.php
    into the folder for your custom template which would be something like includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/header.php (where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the name of your custom template) and make the changes you want.

Use an FTP client like FileZilla to upload the changed file to your website.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

What is the override system? I really am new and not fimiliar with anything that is going on here! lol
    I am struggling to make it as far as I have thus far! Please help walk me through this process if you dont mind.

Plugin Contributions

Start with the Tutorials/FAQ. Tons of information in there that will help you get started.

There are free templates for Zen Cart which can help you get going on customizing your store. You can see them in action at http://(sorry, site offline)/.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey