Plugin Contributions

help question Product listing in other site

I'm developing an online shop, which basically will be selling products on others behalf.

Now, for the sellers I would like to provide a functionality, so that they can display their products for sale in their own website. I was thinking developing a php-script that would output a listing of a product category and that could be inserted in an iframe to any webpage.

So I would need to generate a listing of products within a category , with proper links to zen-cart product pages, but without any other zen-cart stuff.

Has somebody already made something like this?

If not, any recommendations what would be a best way to implement this functionality. I would of course like to utilize existing zen-cart functionality as much as possible.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product listing in other site

There are various websites which already provide this service - but I just cannot remember any of their names at present. All use original custom-coded platforms.

Not only would the mini-stores need the ability to display their products from your site but they'd also need access levels to be able to set up their own products with their own payment systems, but not be able to access anyone else's store.

So you're not going to do all that with Zen Cart. If you have a budget which runs into hundreds of thousands of dollars it's all possible - just employ a team of highly qualified coders and keep writing out cheques to them.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Not only would the mini-stores need the ability to display their products from your site but they'd also need access levels to be able to set up their own products with their own payment systems, but not be able to access anyone else's store.
    Vger
    I'm not after any complex inter-store integration system, but simply more or less the same product listing there currently is in Zen-cart just displayed at another site. Clicking a product link should bring the visitor to the corresponding product info page in my store.

Plugin Contributions

Try the Sidebox Anywhere mod in Free Addons. You can insert the PHP code you need into it, and display it on another site (not sure of the limits on functionality, or if it can work from another host/server).

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Product listing in other site

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Try the Sidebox Anywhere mod in Free Addons.
    Thanks a lot! This looks very promising!