Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a flat rate box option in product listing

using the latest version, using a edited version of nifty zen,
    ok my question is : is there a way of adding a flate rate usps box like small flat rate box or medium flat rate box to the product listing area, so when im posting a item i can choose what shipping method. instead of offering refunds everytime. i know you can add it to the usps.php file but that will do it on all the item, this would not be good, then i would be asking buyers for more money on larger items. i know this is a involved edit im just wondering if any one has tried such a thing, and is there any modules that may help me do this. Thanks for any and all input.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a flat rate box option in product listing

here's a idea. is there a way of adding a value to the producted shipping wieght in the admin product listing area. like right now you add lbs or oz to get the rate. im trying to think of a way of adding say A=small flate box and include in the coding the price of $4.90 and B=medium flate rate box and include in the coding the price of 10.90. im thinking this might be able to be done in the flate rate shipping mode but when i add the flat rate shipping mode it adds to all my products. is there a way of only putting this mode to work on selected items? ill be trying some stuff out and will let ya know if i came up with a way. even if i have to pay for it. thanks for all input.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a flat rate box option in product listing

If your Products ship 1 Product to a box then you could use the Product Weight and set it to either 4.90 or 10.90 and use the Per Unit perweightunit shipping module which will treat the weight as the shipping cost ...

NOTE: you will want to change the settings in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... so that the Maximum Weight is a higher number such as 5000 and set the two Tare Rates to 0:0 so they are not used on the shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!