Plugin Contributions

Default New Install But Can't Access Admin

I've just installed Zen Cart for the first time to a new domain not having used Zen Cart before. The installation was no problem up to the point when trying to access the Admin Area. The warning message is displayed that Admin cannot be accessed until the zc_install folder is deleted and the "admin" folder renamed, etc. I have read all of the other threads I can find and have tried some of the suggestions but without success. Zen Cart (version 1.3.9) seems to have installed okay as I have it located at:

http://www.llphandmadecards.co.uk/catalog/index.php

I deleted the zc_install folder and changed the name of the admin folder to "newname" and the newname/includes/configure.php file has been ammended as follows:

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/newname/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/catalog/newname/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/sites/vip2163420/httpd/htdocs/catalog/newname/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/sites/vip2163420/httpd/htdocs/catalog/');

When I try to access the Admin area I get a 404 Page Not Found error. I've repeated the process a few times and have even re-installed a complete Zen Cart download.

I checked the Admin folder permissions and it is set at 744 (I've tried 444 but my Freeola Server changes it to 744).

Am I completely missing something or is there another reason. Any help would really be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Install But Can't Access Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BradN View Post

I checked the Admin folder permissions and it is set at 744 (I've tried 444 but my Freeola Server changes it to 744).
    Try 755.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion schoolboy but unfortunately that wasn't successful either. I've now tried various permissions without joy.

I'm now thinking there's a file path issue. If I cursor over the "log yourself in" link the url shows as:

https://llphandmadecards.co.uk/index.php?blahblah which should be correct as I wanted the admin area to be secure when I ran the installation process.

ZenCart hasn't installed anything in the https folder so it's no wonder following the link gives a 404 error.

I tried moving the admin folder into htdocs_secure which then allows me to login to the admin area but if I then try and follow any links from there I get 404s again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your server requires using htdocs_secure in order to serve SSL content, you're going to have numerous headaches.

Until you find a server that is configured in a more contemporary way such that it serves SSL from the same folder as non-SSL content, you're best advised to set ENABLE_SSL to false.

Or you can use a way more complicated setup of duplicating all your files constantly. You do NOT want that mess when the better way is to configure the hosting server properly. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem.
    New installation of Zen Cart (actually did it many times,followed the instructions/tutorial) and no luck.
    Keep getting advised that my admin page is missing.
    Checked the paths/details in config.php and can't see any obvious mistakes.Checlked with the host and they advise they can't see
    any php issues.

Sorry to say that I am glad someone else experienced this as
    I thought it was just me.

Feedback much appreciated
    A rapidly going bald guy

Plugin Contributions

Hi Zandabout,

Thanks for the response. It was incredibly irritating and I must have gone through the install 10 times without success. The problem arises when you change the Admin Folder name and the Config File paths.

We purchased a template and paid a little extra for them to install it. Pleased to say that it is now up and running no problem.