Plugin Contributions

Default All images in category view stopped displaying in IE7/IE8..help!

Hi! I have been happily using ZenCart for about 18 months.

However, just recently, it seems that all images stopped displaying properly when viewed only in IE7/8 (even IE6 is fine, oddly enough).

They still show up fine in all other browsers.

My site (the whole server, not just ZC was hacked a couple weeks ago..I got them out, but around this time (I think) this image problem cropped up.

I tried reloading from backup, but it didn't seem to help.

I am using ImageHandler2..does anyone have any knowledge of this plugin conflicting with IE8?

The site is very busy, and a lot of our users are complaining every day about this functionality being broken.

You can see an example here (if you are unfortunate enough to even have IE installed on your computer ;):

http://www.hyosungsource.com/parts/daelim-s2-125

What could possible be the problem? Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!

Sasha Shepherd
    HyosungSource.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All images in category view stopped displaying in IE7/IE8..help!

Are you SURE that you got everything cleaned up from your hack? Did you go through ALL the steps of Recovering from Hacks?

The reason I'm asking is because your images on that page do show, but the hover image doesn't show, and if you view the image info, you'll see that EVERY image appears to have the name of "image", and not it's normal name:
    /bmz_cache/4/45e035411b5aa093960641ff6bf2be3d.image.200x102.jpg
    bmz_cache/d/dfcd2aaae6b918aa3b03f02f25d51f58.image.184x160.jpg
    /bmz_cache/a/aab9b26b879f29af70275596b0e8ae54.image.103x160.jpg

etc..............

Also, if you view the source of that page..........almost EVERY link contains a zenid.....That's not good!

So, if you didn't complete EVERY SINGLE step mentioned above, I would STRONGLY suggest you do so..........even if you DID, something is still not right, and you might do it again, as the zenid should NOT be showing!
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

These are correct for image handler it caches them

/bmz_cache/4/45e035411b5aa093960641ff6bf2be3d.image.200x102.jpg
    bmz_cache/d/dfcd2aaae6b918aa3b03f02f25d51f58.image.184x160.jpg
    /bmz_cache/a/aab9b26b879f29af70275596b0e8ae54.image.103x160.jpg
    First thing in Image Handler Admin tab, clear cache, then uninstall & delete

Next check your images directories for XXX.php files and remove them.

Next check extras record artists and companies and remove the 0 entries.

Next go to store manager , very bottom and optimize your database

Next in Image handler admin once again clear cache then reinstall

Now clear your cookies, reboot maybe and see what you have

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your advice. I followed it, and while it didnot solve the problem, it gave me some useful clues.

When I turn off IH2, I notice that the img src is different in Opera etc and IE! How bizarre is that? I am at a bit of a loss.

IE is looking in /parts/images (which I fuzzily remember using back in the early stages of making the site), and also sometimes has doubled .jpg.jpg.

Opera/FF have the correct URL.

I have read some other forum posts that were similar, but they didn't solve this problem.

Do you have any intuition as to what might be causing this?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Plugin Contributions

I would then reinstall the whole IH module (files too)and make sure it's the correct version for 1.3.8 or 1.3.8 whichever you have.

Note, before you do this, uninstall IH in your admin and then reinstall it after you have uploaded the files.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

IE is looking in /parts/images (which I fuzzily remember using back in the early stages of making the site)
    This is down to the different "error handling" used by different browsers. Opera, Firefox, Safari etc. will try to "guess" the correct path if your configure.php file is not correct, but iE won't. So the problem is probably in your configure.php files.

Take a look in your includes/configure.php file and you may find that the 'http_server' address is using something like 'http://localhost' instead of 'http://yourdomain.com'

Vger