Plugin Contributions

Default Cant Get Rid of Free Shipping Rules

Hi, I have an unusual case I think. I have disabled both free shipping rules and free shipping options but once the customer reaches $300, it still reverts to free shipping.

At some point I may have hard coded something into the core files. I can't remember anymore.

Would someone please tell me which files I need to just over ride with a clean one so that this is corrected?

I tried over riding all the Shipping modules and Order Total modules no luck.

Right now I just changed the language file for free shipping to "Shipping cost to be advised" just to remedy it for the weekend.

Any help will be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cant Get Rid of Free Shipping Rules

Usually this is in the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ot_shipping where the Free Shipping is enabled for the set amount ...

What shipping module(s) are installed?

Make sure that you do not have any installed that you are not using ... meaning do not just disable them but actually click REMOVE ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is really strange! I don't have any other thing special on it except the module that dictates minimum orders.

Other than that it all I have are the standard shipping methods. Yes I have removed it and also tried disabling it instead ( as in it is on but put into "false"). None of it worked.

I have over written the modules-order total-ordertotal shipping file and also over rode all the shipping files. It still doesn't get rid of it!

Is there a way to see which file it is accessing when it triggers the free shipping? I'm stumped. My local host mirror doesn't have the problem...

Plugin Contributions

What shipping modules are you using?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Right now it is just UPS.

If goods are under 300, it works fine, once it reaches over $300 which was our previous setting on the free shipping options it goes to free shipping. But as I said, right now it is removed. Only UPS is green lighted.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

If all shipping modules are removed and only UPS is installed ...

If your Order Total for Shipping ot_shipping is setup for FALSE on the Free Shipping ...

If your Product has weight ... there is nothing left to give Free Shipping, unless you have the Product marked as a Virtual Product or as an Always Free Shipping product ...

Without actually going through your site to see if there is either bad data or customized code making this happen ... it is hard to guess what else is allowing for the Free Shipping on orders over $300.00 ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Got it!

I knew in the back of my mind that there was some other area I should be looking at. I found that on Admin Order total --> Shipping I failed to remove the 300 on there and turn the shipping to false.

All the while I was changing the Just the Admin--shipping modules. So even if these are off the Order Total keeps on functioning!

Thanks for jogging my memory and giving me a clue!!

You are the best!

Plugin Contributions

That is kinda sorta like exactly what I asked in post #2 ...

Hate when those little things sneak in there ...
    Linda McGrath