Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customers cannot log in using Google Chrome - "security error when trying to login."

Hi guys,

I seem to be experiencing a similar problem to the one described here; however, in my case, normal customer logins in Chrome do not work, but admin logins do. I have added the debugging code that DXBLouie used, in my /includes/modules/pages/login/header_php.php file: sure enough, the tokens never match and I get the message "There was a security error when trying to login." I can only experience this in Chrome. Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE all seem to work fine.

I am running Zen Cart 1.3.9h on PHP 5.2.8. I upgraded from 1.3.9e today. This did not solve the problem.

Customers are reporting trouble with Chrome logins and it's understandably annoying them, so I need to solve this soon. Any help welcomed.

I am running Zen Cart in a subdirectory: could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

Spinner

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers cannot log in using Google Chrome - "security error when trying to logi

Google Chrome is the problem, and login problems are not restricted to Zen Cart sites or even to eCommerce or CMS systems. There''s nothing you can do other than to tell your customers to use a real browser.

Google Chrome was issued as "Google Chrome (Beta)", and whilst they may have dropped the "(Beta)" from the name it remains a Beta version in reality.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers cannot log in using Google Chrome - "security error when trying to logi

Did you check the similar threads listed at the bottom of this post?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Did you check the similar threads listed at the bottom of this post?
    I had checked similar threads but found no solution for my situation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Google Chrome is the problem, and login problems are not restricted to Zen Cart sites or even to eCommerce or CMS systems. There''s nothing you can do other than to tell your customers to use a real browser.

Google Chrome was issued as "Google Chrome (Beta)", and whilst they may have dropped the "(Beta)" from the name it remains a Beta version in reality.

Vger
    Sorry for the consecutive post. I did suspect Chrome itself might be the problem. Is there a specific bug I can point to in its bugtracker?

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,

Seems that Chrome still has this problem. It is strange, though, that logging into the Admin area is fine, it's just the customer login that does not work. Any ideas why this would happen? Does it yield any clue?

I currently have a message explaining to my customers that Google Chrome is not supported. From a business perspective this is far from ideal, however, and does not reflect well upon my website. Customers are more likely to conclude that the problem is with the site than with their browser. Can you tell me how to disable this security feature, if there is no way to make it work with Chrome?

I'm still looking for a relevant bug report on the Chromium issue list. Is there one, or could a well-informed member submit one, so there is at least some chance of having it resolved in the future?

Thanks,

Spinner

Plugin Contributions

This is the "Zen Cart Forum" and not the "Google Chrome" forum. As this is a Google Chrome problem and not a Zen Cart problem please stop bumping your posts here. Bumping posts is against forum rules.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Vger, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate that there is no way for the Zen Cart team to fix an internal Chrome issue. However, I specifically asked how to change my Zen Cart installation, here:

Can you tell me how to disable this security feature, if there is no way to make it work with Chrome?
    Since that is inherently a Zen Cart issue, I thought that I should ask this on a Zen Cart forum.

Finally, I am sorry if what I did is considered bumping. I would have thought that asking a related, non-identical question (i.e. how to disable the feature) would cause less annoyance than a near-identical thread just to ask the same question. I will try and avoid this in future, then.

Regards,

Spinner

Plugin Contributions

in my case, normal customer logins in Chrome do not work, but admin logins do
    I don't know if your shop front login uses Shared SSL, but if it does you could try disabling that for the Shop Front in the includes/configure.php file - but it's not something I would recommend.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Works fine for me with SSL (not shared) (or no SSL at all) and Chrome 10.0.648.204 on Mac. Have you got the latest? They do new releases frequently.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast