Plugin Contributions

Default Cross posting products in several catagories

My site is coming along well (www.storeonalake.com), I'm using ZC version 1.3.9h .

The majority of my items are movies and books. I have a lot of inventory, so the easier it is to manage on the backside the better. Many movies (and books) can fall into several catagories. For instance, The Sound of Music could fall into Historical, Drama, and Action. A lot of the items I am selling are items I have a limited quantity of, so I want to be sure I don't oversell.

What I would like to do, is to have a way to list the product once, with a set quantity in inventory listed on the products page, then having the exact listing (tied back to the original creation) duplicated onto several catagories.

For example: Sound of Music DVD.
    (Various product details, actors, DVD format, etc)
    Quantity: 10
    etc.

Then have this exact product ID/listing listed under the Catagories Historical, Drama and Action. If I sell one under Historical, it would automatically reduce the quantity on the backside to 9. I wouldn't have to split it up to 3 different listings under 3 different catagories.

I realize I've been long winded. But I wanted to make sure I explained what I am looking for thoroughly. If there is a Software Add On for this, awesome. If someone knows how to set this up, you could either list how (or link to another thread), or Private Message me and we can see if we can't work something out for you to do it for me.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Stephen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cross posting products in several catagories

Linking is what you are asking and I know that one can create one llink but not sure about mulitple links

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=216
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Once again, you are excellent! And yes, you can link the item to more than 1 additional category. I'm not sure what (if any) limits there are as far as the number of categories, but so far I have linked one movie to 2 additional categories, beyond the initial category.

Your help is greatly appreciated :) .

Plugin Contributions

You will run into practical/usability limits on linking products to categories long before you hit hard limits. For example, there is a real upper limit on the number of products in your store... something like 16 billion:)