Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to enable a shipping method for only a certain customer group?

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to enable a shipping method (example store pickup) but only for a certain pricing group or on an individual customer bases?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to enable a shipping method but for only...

Each shipping module has a setting for the $this->enabled ... when false, that module with hide, or basically not show ...

If you look at the shipping modules such as Item Rate item you will see:
    Code:
          // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
          if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
              $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ITEM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          }
    This is running a function that returns true or false based on if the shipping is free ...

You could do something similar by identifying the customer and return true or false if the customer should see the module you need to do this for ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to enable a shipping method but for only...

I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.8

I'm confused.

I have three customer groups set up. Gold members, VIP and Friends under group pricing.

I have set up a test customer and enabled them to my friends group which has no discount.

How do I set it up so that only the store pick up will show in their shopping cart when they are signed in and no one else.

Under that shipping option in admin>modules>shipping I only see the option to remove or edit with the settings:

Enable store pick up : true
    Shipping cost: 0.00
    Tax Class: none
    Tax basis: shipping
    Shipping Zone: none
    Sort order: 6

How exactly do I set it so that it is only made true to the customers I select and false to every one else?

Is there something I'm missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to enable a shipping method for only a certain customer group?

You would have to customize the shipping module code ... it is not built in to work off customer group settings ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to enable a shipping method for only a certain customer group?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You would have to customize the shipping module code
    Any ideas on how I would do this.

I'm not real good at coding.

I wouldn't know where to start or which files to customize.

Plugin Contributions

Can the Friends Group see all off the other shipping modules plus the Store Pickup?

What is the customers_group_pricing for the Friends Group?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Can the Friends Group see all off the other shipping modules plus the Store Pickup?
    Yes. My test customer that I have linked to my friends group can.

What is the customers_group_pricing for the Friends Group?
    Group Name: Friends
    Discount: 0.00%

These are the only 2 options under group pricing (admin>customers>group pricing) and my answers are shown above.

Plugin Contributions

Let me try the questions in a different way ...

When you go to the Catalog ... Group Pricing ... you will see, if you click on the Friends group ... in the URL ... the:
    gID=

What is the number after it?

IF a customer is in the Friends Group ... *should* they be able to see all of the regular shipping methods *and* be able to see the Store Pick Up in *addition* to all of the other *regular* shipping methods?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Let me try the questions in a different way ...

When you go to the Catalog ... Group Pricing ... you will see, if you click on the Friends group ... in the URL ... the:
    gID=

What is the number after it?
    I'm assuming you mean admin>customers>group pricing. The ID number to the far left. If that is the case then it is 3.

If that's not where you meant I did look under admin>catalog but there is no listing for group pricing there.

IF a customer is in the Friends Group ... *should* they be able to see all of the regular shipping methods *and* be able to see the Store Pick Up in *addition* to all of the other *regular* shipping methods?
    I want my friends to be able to see all delivery options.

But want to make the store pick up option only available / visible to them and not the general public.

I hope I'm making sense.

Plugin Contributions

You can customize the Store Pickup storepickup shipping module with the code changes:
    Code:
        if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ZONE > 0) ) {
          $check_flag = false;
          $check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . "
                                 where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ZONE . "'
                                 and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "'
                                 order by zone_id");
          while (!$check->EOF) {
            if ($check->fields['zone_id'] < 1) {
              $check_flag = true;
              break;
            } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
              $check_flag = true;
              break;
            }
            $check->MoveNext();
          }

if ($check_flag == false) {
            $this->enabled = false;
          }
        }

$chk_group = $db->Execute("select customers_group_pricing from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "'");
        if ($chk_group->fields['customers_group_pricing'] == 3) {
          $this->enabled = true;
        } else {
          $this->enabled = false;
        }
      }
      /**
       * Obtain quote from shipping system/calculations
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast