Plugin Contributions

Default Copy Zen Cart from server to my PC

I began setting up Zen Cart on my server. Later I purchased the book E Start Zen Cart and learnt I should also have my Zen Cart on my PC. I began downloading my server version of Zen Cart to my PC but I received the following message. Where do I go from here? I would like to copy the file from my server as I have already done a lot of work on it. Should I keep going with the download or should I give up and start again on my PC version of Zen Cart?

Mysql database has been transferred to local host & all zen cart files etc

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:
    1. This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    2. Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.
    3. Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set

To begin installation ...
    1. The Installation Documentation can be read by clicking here: Documentation
    2. You will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).
    3. The Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website will also be of value if you run into difficulties.
    Thanks
    I wish I could

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy Zen Cart from server to my PC

That message is prompting you to install Zen Cart on your local PC yet.

To move a Zen Cart store from your server to your local PC, you may want to read this article to get an understanding of the process.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy Zen Cart from server to my PC

Mysql database has been transferred to local host & all zen cart files etc
    It can not find the database
    Have you edited the 2 configure.php files on your local install to reflect the DB details?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten