Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate Cross Sell for Zen Cart

Hi

I have just realised that on product pages that have related products in the centre box, when you click 'Add to cart' for the main product, it adds one of the related products to the cart?

Re

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nolsowski View Post
    Did you add this code
    PHP Code:
    <!-- bof Ultimate Cross Sell Combo -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_ultimate_cross_sells.php'DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/' 'tpl_modules_ultimate_cross_sells.php'); ?>
    to your ncludes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_product_info_display.php? It's in the readme step #6. That's the only thing I can think of for why it's not showing up.
    Thank you for your help nolsowski. I have just double checked the tpl_product_info_display.php file. And the code is there.

I really dont know what I have done wrong.

At the moment, I am just leaving it as a sidebar.

If anyone else has had the same problem and knows how to fix it....I would appreciate how you did it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    Hi

when you click 'Add to cart' for the main product, it adds one of the related products to the cart

Re
    The reason I assume your related products are being added to the cart when customers add the main product to the cart is because the code to include the tpl_modules_ultimate_cross_sells.php is inside the <form></form> tags.

Make sure to add the following code

PHP Code:
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_ultimate_cross_sells.php'DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/' 'tpl_modules_ultimate_cross_sells.php'); ?> 
    above the last div tag AND below

PHP Code:
    <!--bof Form close-->
    </
    form>
    <!--
    bof Form close--> 
    it should look like

PHP Code:
    <!--bof Form close-->
    </form>
    <!--bof Form close-->

</div>

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I may need some assistance with slight tweaking.

I've installed the Ultimate Cross Sell mod. Great functionality, variety, and most of all ease of use.

However, I decided to make the mod more...accessible to customers, not as a means to force additional sales, but simply to let them know, there's an easier way to find the products on the website. So what I did was, changed the Buy Now buttons on my product listing pages, to More Info links. So, customer clicks more info, finds himself on the product page, and then sees Related products, for insrance, accessories, all via the Cross Sell mod. Now the problem is, the related products ALSO, instead of showing Buy Now buttons, have More Info buttons, so instead of adding the additional accessory to their cart, it directs them to the product info page of the accessory, away from the main product that they wanted to buy in the first place. Is there an way to keep More Info links in the product listing pages, but have the cross sell mod use the Buy Now buttons? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

ahehe, nevermind folks, using my brains a little bit I found a solution.

Opened Modules/MY_TEMPLATE/ultimate_cross_sell_products.php

Replaced the following:

$lc_button = '<br /><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page((int)$cross_sell_query->fields['products_id']), '&products_id=' . (int)$cross_sell_query->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a><br />';

with the following:

$lc_button = '<br class="clearBoth">' . zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($cross_sell_query->fields['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product', $request_type), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"') . '<input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value="1" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', (int)$cross_sell_query->fields['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT) . '</form>';

Thanks for the great mod!!

Quote Originally Posted by yaseent View Post
    Hi, I may need some assistance with slight tweaking.

I've installed the Ultimate Cross Sell mod. Great functionality, variety, and most of all ease of use.

However, I decided to make the mod more...accessible to customers, not as a means to force additional sales, but simply to let them know, there's an easier way to find the products on the website. So what I did was, changed the Buy Now buttons on my product listing pages, to More Info links. So, customer clicks more info, finds himself on the product page, and then sees Related products, for insrance, accessories, all via the Cross Sell mod. Now the problem is, the related products ALSO, instead of showing Buy Now buttons, have More Info buttons, so instead of adding the additional accessory to their cart, it directs them to the product info page of the accessory, away from the main product that they wanted to buy in the first place. Is there an way to keep More Info links in the product listing pages, but have the cross sell mod use the Buy Now buttons? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I've installed all of the files and cannot see anything in

ADMIN > CATALOG >
    ADMIN > CONFIG >

Although I do see the files in ADMIN > TOOLS > Layout Boxes Controller

I've double checked and the files are all in the right places. Please help this looks like a great plugin.

Thanks
    Last edited by thebigkick; 10 Jan 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Ultimate Cross Sell for Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by thebigkick View Post
    I've installed all of the files and cannot see anything in

ADMIN > CATALOG >
    ADMIN > CONFIG >

Although I do see the files in ADMIN > TOOLS > Layout Boxes Controller

I've double checked and the files are all in the right places. Please help this looks like a great plugin.

Thanks
    Are you sure you renamed YOUR_ADMIN_FOLDER to the name of what your admin folder is called?

Check that there is a ultimate_cross_sell.php in the root of your admin folder, ie.

/public_html/YourStoreFolder/YourAdminFolder/ultimate_cross_sell.php

You got that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaseent View Post
    Are you sure you renamed YOUR_ADMIN_FOLDER to the name of what your admin folder is called?

Check that there is a ultimate_cross_sell.php in the root of your admin folder, ie.

/public_html/YourStoreFolder/YourAdminFolder/ultimate_cross_sell.php

You got that?
    Here's the thing. I didn't rename anything. I didn't want to overwrite the files that were already on the server when dropping them onto the server. What I did was drag and dropped the files into the appropriate folders on my FTP program and uploaded them to the server. I checked the files on the server and the are all correct.

yes, ultimate_cross_sell.php is installed at the root of my admin folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thebigkick View Post
    Here's the thing. I didn't rename anything. I didn't want to overwrite the files that were already on the server when dropping them onto the server. What I did was drag and dropped the files into the appropriate folders on my FTP program and uploaded them to the server. I checked the files on the server and the are all correct.

yes, ultimate_cross_sell.php is installed at the root of my admin folder.
    Lol, well what I usually do with a mod that doesn't include so many files is browse through each folder in the mod, and make sure each file is unique to the module in question, in this case most of the files are named and you can see they're not native filenames to zencart. After which I say cool, unzip everything, if I do get an overwrite prompt, I take the filename down and check later to make comparisons etc etc. In any case, most mods tell you that they're overwriting files if they are - but nowadays it's copy paste parts of code instead of overwrite. Anyhow no harm done.

Do yourself a favour, unzip the contents all together without separately dragging. Just make sure you rename the YOUR_TEMPLATE within the ultimate cross sell archive to whatever your template is called.

And then test whether this fixed the issue...

Also check the permissions for the file in your admin root, mine is sitting at 644 (not that I think this would make a difference) - bust just maybe.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast