Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ezpages Improved Menus support

Great mod. Thought I'd offer a tip. I created four EZ pages, including one pointing to Home, with an internal link to the main page. The styling I specified for the active page link worked great for the other three, but not for Home. Finally, I tried adding / to the Internal Link URL, and now the Home link styling works too.

Plugin Contributions

On my local test site, there are a few ways to get a working home link that styles correctly when current. Using http://path_to_zen_cart/ or index.php or index.php?main_page=index as the internal link all work.

http://path_to_zen_cart without the ending / works as a link but not for styling.

http://path_to_zen_cart/ would be the best form for a home link, as it will give the clean base address when clicked. As an absolute link, it would not, of course, be portable to a clone or test installation without editing.

It took a bunch of experimentation to get code that would handle any working home link for current styling, and it seems I missed one possible version, though I think you could only get that by entering the slash-free link in the ez-page.
    Last edited by gjh42; 16 Sep 2011 at 07:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the mod. Seems to be working great for what I need it to do so far.

A quick question:

How do I "style" the links? I am not good with CSS so an actual example would be great.

I would like to change to color and weight of a couple of the links... not all of them.

Any help is appreciated... thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Rather than give random examples, let me see your site and identify the links you want changed, and I will show you how. The styling will be different for sideboxes and header, so I can't advise correctly without knowing that.
    The first style rule in stylesheet_ezpages_improved_menus.css shows changing the color and weight for the current active page link.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Rather than give random examples, let me see your site and identify the links you want changed, and I will show you how. The styling will be different for sideboxes and header, so I can't advise correctly without knowing that.
    The first style rule in stylesheet_ezpages_improved_menus.css shows changing the color and weight for the current active page link.
    Sure, I can provide a link.... Unfortunately, I have a new problem. I'm pretty sure it is related to this mod, as I don't think the behavior was occurring before I installed this. The link is: http://tinyurl.com/7pnwxps

As far as menus are concerned, I have CSS Flyout and Ezpages Improved Menus installed. What is happening is very strange.... When my page is in MAINTENANCE MODE, my menus looks normal:

When my page is taken out of maintenance mode, my menus "break":

I really need to pinpoint this problem and correct it. Any help is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

My problem is definitely related to this mod. When I turn off "EZ-Pages Display Status - Sidebox" in the EZ-Pages settings, my flyout menu goes back to normal... unfortunately, I also lose the sidebox. Any suggestions?

By the way, my Information sidebox is really a modified EZ-Pages sidebox... just in case there was some confusion.

Plugin Contributions

I'm seeing normal operation of the ezpages sidebox and the flyout menu. Did you change something, or was it a local effect or??

Plugin Contributions

I'm seeing normal operation of the ezpages sidebox and the flyout menu. Did you change something, or was it a local effect or??
    No, I didn't change anything. Can you try refreshing the page a few times? Sometime it shows up normal, and sometimes it appears "broken"

Plugin Contributions

I saw it broken the first time I went there just now (with Firebug active from my previous visit), and it took some dozens of refreshes and new page clicks before getting the malfunction again, then a few dozen before it went away.

Your site does not have /includes/templates/your_template/css/stylesheet_ezpages_improved_menus.css active, or any of its rules in other stylesheets. What happens if you upload that?

Plugin Contributions

I saw it broken the first time I went there just now (with Firebug active from my previous visit), and it took some dozens of refreshes and new page clicks before getting the malfunction again, then a few dozen before it went away.

Your site does not have /includes/templates/your_template/css/stylesheet_ezpages_improved_menus.css active, or any of its rules in other stylesheets. What happens if you upload that?
    Thanks so much for your help. The error wasn't related to this mod or CSS flyout at all. It was all due to a misplaced bracket in my stylesheet. Took me over a day to figure it out! Thanks for looking anyway...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast