Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Dual Pricing Install

I asked this question a few days ago and no one wanted to answer, so I'm trying again:

The "ReadMe - Install Instructions.txt" file doesn't seem to have any install instructions in it. I figured out the database part, but where do you put the 2 directories?

I'm installing v1.7 on ZC v1.3.9.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dual Pricing Install

Drag and drop the two directories (includes and control) to the root (top) directory of your store.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. That's what I thought but, I guess the control directory is unique to this module? because it doesn't currently exist. That's why it was confusing.

Plugin Contributions

Yes. that mod adds that directory.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, all uploaded fine. Everything works as it did before, which is a problem. No text box under the email box when editing a customer, nor is there a wholesale price box anywhere in the product section.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

this mod does not work correctly in 1.3.9h. the control folder needs to be the admin folder. the wholesale id's are inconsistent which will not allow the wholesale options to populate the database nor will it allow the cart to see you are a wholesale customer!! i have fixed these problems, now working on the wholesale display on product pages. i'll keep you posted. this is a critical module for me, i will get it working ASAP.

Plugin Contributions

Much appreciated. Thanx!

Plugin Contributions

This is what i did, and it worked. I hope this helps someone else later. I spent 3 hours on this trying to get it to work. These were the steps i did and ran into problems and solved it.

the Includes folder goes to includes:
    the control folder is the admin folder.

For some reason when i drag over the folder (ie: inlcude) the files don't override itself. So i went through each folder dragging each file into their same folder name on the site.

Copy and paste file "install.sql" into admin>tools>install SQL patches and hit send.

Go into admin>catalog/products>category>choose product to edit.
    Retail Price (ei 20.00)
    Wholsale Price: (ie 10.00) If you want levels put it in this manner 12.00,11.00,10.00,8.00. These levels corresponds with the customer's wholsesale pricing level. 1,2,3,4.

Go to admin>customer>customer and change "Wholesale price level" to 1, 2, 3, or 4. depending on your standards. 0 is only for retail pricing, regular customers only.

Test it on your site to see if it works. If it doesn't clear all your browsing history, close the browser and try it again.
    New Problem: Wholesale price did not appear in product price, ONLY retail price, but when an item was added to the cart, the wholesale price showed in the cart.
    Resolution: Try adding a fresh new item. This worked for me.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

Thanks for this guide :) I want write only some words about your last problem and solution:

The wholesale price appears on product details page, if the customer logged in, it isn't appear if the customer freshly registrated user.
    Why?
    In the login page header there is a code, what assign a value to a variable if the customer has to see wholesale price, or retail.
    PHP Code:
    $_SESSION['customer_whole'] = $check_customer->fields['customers_whole']; 
    This code there isn't in create_account php, so if the user logged in after create account, he won't see the wholesale prices.

Quote Originally Posted by missta View Post
    This is what i did, and it worked. I hope this helps someone else later. I spent 3 hours on this trying to get it to work. These were the steps i did and ran into problems and solved it.

the Includes folder goes to includes:
    the control folder is the admin folder.

For some reason when i drag over the folder (ie: inlcude) the files don't override itself. So i went through each folder dragging each file into their same folder name on the site.

Copy and paste file "install.sql" into admin>tools>install SQL patches and hit send.

Go into admin>catalog/products>category>choose product to edit.
    Retail Price (ei 20.00)
    Wholsale Price: (ie 10.00) If you want levels put it in this manner 12.00,11.00,10.00,8.00. These levels corresponds with the customer's wholsesale pricing level. 1,2,3,4.

Go to admin>customer>customer and change "Wholesale price level" to 1, 2, 3, or 4. depending on your standards. 0 is only for retail pricing, regular customers only.

Test it on your site to see if it works. If it doesn't clear all your browsing history, close the browser and try it again.
    New Problem: Wholesale price did not appear in product price, ONLY retail price, but when an item was added to the cart, the wholesale price showed in the cart.
    Resolution: Try adding a fresh new item. This worked for me.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

The add-on is made for wholesale, which are for retail sales for people who have established their company or business and have licensing to back it up. Most places want to see an Business/Tax License before letting you see pricing or selling wholesale to you. Plus they want to sale a lot of units at one time, because profit margin is less when selling wholesale. For me, i offer wholesale pricing to people who spends over $250 (i still need to figure out how to set a minimum amount before they can checkout), if you think of shirts or jewelry it's only 10 to 20 units, and any busy business place can afford that. Also, I know a couple companies who were audited and fined for not checking sales tax license from their customer when they sale wholesale. Because they were just selling wholesale pricing to anyone.

Aside from this, a newly created account, needs to wait for the admin/store owner to change the settings of that new account from 0 to a different number in the "wholesale pricing level". After that is changed the customer needs to close their browser and open a new one, enter the site and login again. Then they will see the wholesale price. I just tested it on my site. :)

www.greenletdesigns.com you can go see my in progress site if you want.

If you wanted new wholesaler's account to see the wholesale pricing right away after account creation, i don't know if this add-on lets you automatically changed their "wholesale pricing level". Anyone know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast