Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dual Pricing Install

I believe this thread has the answers you are looking for:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=35450&page=69

DUAL Pricing v2
    - page 69 is the bug fix for ZenCart 1.3.9h.

Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Dual Pricing Install

Quote Originally Posted by missta View Post
    This is what i did, and it worked. I hope this helps someone else later. I spent 3 hours on this trying to get it to work. These were the steps i did and ran into problems and solved it.

the Includes folder goes to includes:
    the control folder is the admin folder.

For some reason when i drag over the folder (ie: inlcude) the files don't override itself. So i went through each folder dragging each file into their same folder name on the site.

Copy and paste file "install.sql" into admin>tools>install SQL patches and hit send.

Go into admin>catalog/products>category>choose product to edit.
    Retail Price (ei 20.00)
    Wholsale Price: (ie 10.00) If you want levels put it in this manner 12.00,11.00,10.00,8.00. These levels corresponds with the customer's wholsesale pricing level. 1,2,3,4.

Go to admin>customer>customer and change "Wholesale price level" to 1, 2, 3, or 4. depending on your standards. 0 is only for retail pricing, regular customers only.

Test it on your site to see if it works. If it doesn't clear all your browsing history, close the browser and try it again.
    New Problem: Wholesale price did not appear in product price, ONLY retail price, but when an item was added to the cart, the wholesale price showed in the cart.
    Resolution: Try adding a fresh new item. This worked for me.

Good luck.
    Hi, Thank for your sharing, I've the same problems here and installed this programe to my store according to your instruction. But there have nothing appared on the editor to let me input the wholesale prices. Can you tell me more about the details. Tks!

eg. I'm using the v1.3.9h version.

Plugin Contributions

Good morning!

I'm using zencart v1.3.9h, with blue strip reloaded v1.0. I can't seem to find dual pricing v2 everyone seems to be discussing, but downloaded v1.7c. I printed out the install instructions, and have read through these posts and pretty much about a third of the posts - the more recent ones - in the thread about this that has what, 179 pages?

I have a couple of questions (completely new to all of this, but thanks to this forum and the many posts, have slowly been working on and improving my new store).

First, based on the posts here, is this working with zc1.3.9h now? With that, if I've downloaded v1.7c, am I behind before I get started?

Also, at the beginning of the install instructions, in caps, is a comment that this replaces group pricing, and if group pricing is being used, don't install this. Here's what I have (or hope to have):

A Preferred Customer Program with 4 levels of discount based on total amount of the order: L1 - 2.5%, L2 - 5%, L3 - 7.5%, and L4 - 10%. Simple enough, I think, from the admin panel.

A Wholesale program for my retail customers, so they can get their pricing online. Problem with this one: I buy from numerous manufacturers and vendors, so the price to my retailers is based on my cost, and not on a percentage of the suggested retail. I need to be able to post the actual wholesale price by item for these customers.

Does this add-on accomplish both of these things? If not, does anyone know of one that I might be missing in the add-ons? Or a suggestion as to how to set up these two pricing situations?

Thanks to everyone in here - little by little, at my age, I'm actually learning new things! Pretty good with html and css now, but having one h&^% of a time with php.....

Have a great day, and God bless!

Andy
    The Old Cowboy
    Getting Older, But Not Aging!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by missta View Post
    This is what i did, and it worked. I hope this helps someone else later. I spent 3 hours on this trying to get it to work. These were the steps i did and ran into problems and solved it.

the Includes folder goes to includes:
    the control folder is the admin folder.

For some reason when i drag over the folder (ie: inlcude) the files don't override itself. So i went through each folder dragging each file into their same folder name on the site.

Copy and paste file "install.sql" into admin>tools>install SQL patches and hit send.

Go into admin>catalog/products>category>choose product to edit.
    Retail Price (ei 20.00)
    Wholsale Price: (ie 10.00) If you want levels put it in this manner 12.00,11.00,10.00,8.00. These levels corresponds with the customer's wholsesale pricing level. 1,2,3,4.

Go to admin>customer>customer and change "Wholesale price level" to 1, 2, 3, or 4. depending on your standards. 0 is only for retail pricing, regular customers only.

Test it on your site to see if it works. If it doesn't clear all your browsing history, close the browser and try it again.
    New Problem: Wholesale price did not appear in product price, ONLY retail price, but when an item was added to the cart, the wholesale price showed in the cart.
    Resolution: Try adding a fresh new item. This worked for me.

Good luck.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was banging my head on this one. Who would ever think the "control" folder would be the admin folder. Would have been nice not to have to have spent the last hour researching why this mod wouldn't work. I am so glad you took the time to post your solution.

I am seriously considering renaming that folder and resubmitting the mod. Countless headaches could be averted.

Anyhow, many many thanks!
    Jeri

Plugin Contributions

I got this to work, however, it only displays the first Wholesale price that I enter. I have tried using both commas and dashes with no success. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12