Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default When will there be a fix for the UPS shipping Module

Does anyone know when there will be a fix for the UPS shipping Module? It has not worked right since 12/31/10.
    Paul Hall

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: When will there be a fix for the UPS shipping Module

Could you explain what isn't working for you?

Works for most everyone that I know ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

As of right now it is charging customers on average $5 more than it should in my store since 1/1/11. I know UPS had a major rate change as of the first of the year....?
    I just used my test account to login and double check this, it is charging me $3.37 more than it should.
    Last edited by mikestaps; 4 Jan 2011 at 04:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikestaps View Post
    I just used my test account to login and double check this, it is charging me $3.37 more than it should.
    Could you provide more details?

What is the Ship From?

What is the Ship To?

What weight are you testing?

What are your Shipping/Packaging settings?

What are your UPS shipping settings?

What are the shipping prices that you are seeing?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

For testing I used:
    Ship from 48348 to 48116
    Package weight: 6lbs
    Package size: 8x8x17
    handling charge is $2
    WorldShip Cost:10.25
    Site Cost:13.62

Store settings are as follows:
    United Parcel Service

Enable UPS Shipping
    True

UPS Pickup Method
    RDP

UPS Packaging?
    CP

Residential Delivery?
    RES

Handling Fee

Handling Per Order or Per Box
    Order

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Store

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort order of display.

Shipping Methods:
    Nxt AM, Nxt AM Ltr, Nxt, Nxt Ltr, Nxt PR, Nxt Save, Nxt Save Ltr, 2nd AM, 2nd AM Ltr, 2nd, 2nd Ltr, 3 Day Select, Ground, Canada,World Xp, World Xp Ltr, World Xp Plus, World Xp Plus Ltr, World Expedite, WorldWideSaver
    1DA, 1DP, 2DA, 3DS, GND

Shipping has always been right on between worldship and the store, till now...

Plugin Contributions

I don't know about the World Ship Software, but the quotes match the UPS web site charges ...

Have you tried, as a test, the UPS XML shipping module, from the Free Software Add Ons, to see if your rates are closer?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I don't know about the World Ship Software, but the quotes match the UPS web site charges ...
    It may be that Worldship is reflecting our discounted rates due to shipping volume, it never has before, but that would explain the difference. I'll have to do a little more digging on the UPS side of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Have you tried, as a test, the UPS XML shipping module, from the Free Software Add Ons, to see if your rates are closer?
    I have not, but I will...

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hello, did you find anything on this yet? My rates do not match my WorldShip prices either.

Thank you,
    Jacob Bushnell

Plugin Contributions

I have contacted UPS to see if in fact your volume discount is now showing up in World Ship (this is what I suspect the issue to be). It never had before, it only showed up on your actual billing statement. No response from them yet.
    I am also implementing the UPSXML module in my test store to see what happens with that, I will post what I find when I find it....

Plugin Contributions

We have daily pickup service with UPS. If I go to the UPS time and cost web page and check the detailed time and cost quote and then input my UPS account number and show that I have daily pickup service. The UPS quote is allot less than what the faulty UPS shipping module shows for the same weight and zip code etc.
    The problem with the UPS shipping module is much worse if you are shipping heavy packages long distances. I will give an example. Here are the settings for the UPS shipping module in my cart: Pickup Method = RDP, Packaging CP Handling Fee = 0 Tax Class= Taxable Shipping method ground. I had an order from someone in WA yesterday. 3 packages weighed 55lbs and 2 packages weighed 42 lbs. The shipping module charged the customer $225.40 for shipping. If I use the UPS shipping calculator to do a detailed time and cost quote to a commercial address with the same zip and package weight etc. The UPS cost calculator gives a quote of $187.30
    That's a big discrepancy. If I have the cost calculator do the same quote without inputting my UPS account number and without daily pickup service (call for pickup) the UPS quote comes back as $225.40 However, I have the module set for daily pickup. I haven't tried it yet but I bet that no matter what you set the pickup service to be in the module, it will always charge the rate for "call for pickup". Before 1/1/11 the module worked great. It gave the correct price for my daily pickup service every single time. Something must have changed on UPS's end because I know that my module has not changed. However, UPS tells me that nothing has changed on there end. I am very detail oriented, so I picked up on this problem early in the morning on the 1st. I have 6 employees that count on me and this is cutting into my sales volume. The only thing that I can do at this point is change my cart so that shipping is included in the prices of my products and wait until there is a fix for this problem and there most certainly is a problem, and I am sure that more and more Zenners that use UPS will become aware of it as time goes on.
    Paul Hall

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast