Hi all!

I'm running a new clean install of v1.3.9h -- no addons, no customization yet -- (it's over here: http://www.dianeduane.com/shop )and could use advice on how to set up a specific product attribute.

I'm a writer, and will be offering ebooks for download. The challenge I'm facing at the moment is that some of the books are already being offered in ebook editions by my US publishers in North America -- so I have to keep any buyer from the US and Canada from purchasing the "international" editions of the books that are on sale in my own store.

At the moment I've got the site set up with "free shipping" on those products, so that it can look at their addresses and disallow shipping to customers in the US and Canada. But I'm not sure this is working correctly, as some sales through PayPal (I'm not doing any credit card sales at the moment) are failing to complete: they seem to get caught at the "processing" stage. And these have been sales to the UK and other places which should have gone through OK.

I have a feeling I've got something set up incorrectly (having seen messages elsewhere suggesting that shipping options for downloads should be disabled). If anyone can give me some advice on how to implement the solution I need, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best --
Diane