Plugin Contributions

Default Help with UPC/ISBN Product Fields

I have recently installed the UPC/ISBN product fields add on http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=651

I have installed everything and applied the SQL patch. However, the UPC and or ISBN fields do not display on the tpl_product_info_display.php page. The install instructions state that you should insert two lines of code where you want the fields to be displayed but I find that the code is different than that of the rest of the section and I was hoping to get some help/input.

The following code is default:
    <!--bof Product details list -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT . $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->

I have to insert the following two lines:
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_upc'])) echo '<p>UPC: ' . $product_info->fields['products_upc'] . '</p>'; ?>
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_isbn'])) echo '<p>ISBN: ' . $product_info->fields['products_isbn'] . '</p>'; ?>

I have tried a few times and have been unsuccessful... so if there is any input I would appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with UPC/ISBN Product Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Boatersplanet View Post

I have to insert the following two lines:
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_upc'])) echo '<p>UPC: ' . $product_info->fields['products_upc'] . '</p>'; ?>
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_isbn'])) echo '<p>ISBN: ' . $product_info->fields['products_isbn'] . '</p>'; ?>

I have tried a few times and have been unsuccessful... so if there is any input I would appreciate it!
    The code on the default template use a unordered list.. replace the <p> and </p> with <li> and </li> and place the code above the </ul> tag..
    Code:
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_upc'])) echo '<li>UPC: ' . $product_info->fields['products_upc'] . '</li>'; ?>
     <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_isbn'])) echo '<li>ISBN: ' . $product_info->fields['products_isbn'] . '</li>'; ?>
    Also, if the product field UPC or ISBN is empty, they wont show at all...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

terrific... worked perfectly... thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The code on the default template use a unordered list.. replace the <p> and </p> with <li> and </li> and place the code above the </ul> tag..
    Code:
    <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_upc'])) echo '<li>UPC: ' . $product_info->fields['products_upc'] . '</li>'; ?>
     <?php if (!empty($product_info->fields['products_isbn'])) echo '<li>ISBN: ' . $product_info->fields['products_isbn'] . '</li>'; ?>
    Also, if the product field UPC or ISBN is empty, they wont show at all...
    Hi

I used the above code as instructed but still nothing is displaying. I've used easy populate to enter the data into the database; when I exported my database .csv v_products_upc wasn't present even though the fields had been created in database, so I created a custom field in easypopulate, now export it's there and when I upload/insert the .csv, the ucp fields are filled in and I can see them in my admin>catelog... so the data is there but???

I am using zc 1.5.1 though :/

Also, a little off topic but how would I display the upc on orders/invoices?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciate

regards

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I got that working as described and thanks muchly for the mod etc. I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me how to display upc/isbn's on orders? (BE & FE). Any tips on what files to edit would be awesome.

thanks again

regards

Plugin Contributions

Ok

So I edited /admin/includes/classes/order.php

$index = 0;
    $orders_products = $db->Execute("select orders_products_id, products_id, products_name, products_model,
    products_price, products_tax, products_quantity, products_upc,

and includes/classes/order.php

$this->products[$index] = array('qty' => $new_qty,
    'id' => $orders_products->fields['products_id'],
    'name' => $orders_products->fields['products_name'],
    'model' => $orders_products->fields['products_model'],

'upc' => $orders_products->fields['products_upc'],

'tax' => $orders_products->fields['products_tax'],
    'price' => $orders_products->fields['products_price'],
    'onetime_charges' => $orders_products->fields['onetime_charges'],
    'final_price' => $orders_products->fields['final_price'],

I'm not a coder in any way shape or form so any help would be really appreciated - I'm trying like mad to have upc show in the orders so I can find the products in my supplier's website.

Please help I'm desperate.

thanks again

regards